Current graduates and job seekers ought to look to those metro areas for the best probability of touchdown a job in tech, in accordance with Certainly.
Commencement season is upon us, and a brand new class of Technology Z expertise is about to enter the workforce.
The Nationwide Middle for Schooling Statistics estimates that faculties and universities will award 1.9 million bachelor’s levels this yr, together with 780,000 grasp’s levels and 182,000 doctoral levels.
SEE: Particular report: IT Jobs in 2020: A pacesetter’s information (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
This presents a significant alternative for firms within the tech business, lots of which have been dealing with a abilities scarcity for fairly a while. Nevertheless, these firms should guarantee they’re providing what this recent expertise needs in a office: With regards to what Gen Z is in search of in a job, the highest priorities are alternatives for progress, work-life stability, and compensation, in accordance with a current report from LaSalle Community.
Current graduates and any job seekers in search of a brand new function in tech can enhance their probabilities of getting employed by in search of metro areas with the biggest variety of job openings, in accordance with new information from Certainly.
The next 10 metro areas had the very best proportion of job openings within the expertise class during the last three months, Certainly discovered:
- Washington – Arlington – Alexandra, DC – VA – MD – WV
- New York – Newark – Jersey Metropolis, NY – NJ – PA
- Seattle – Tacoma – Bellevue, WA
- San Francisco – Oakland – Hayward, CA
- San Jose – Sunnyvale – Santa Clara, CA
- Los Angeles – Lengthy Seaside – Anaheim, CA
- Boston – Cambridge – Newton, MA – NH
- Chicago – Naperville – Elgin, IL – IN – WI
- Dallas – Fort Value – Arlington, TX
- Atlanta – Sandy Springs – Roswell, GA
For extra, try The 10 highest-paying entry-level tech jobs and The highest 10 cities the place tech employees can take advantage of cash on TechRepublic.