CIOs and CTOs high the listing of tech jobs with the very best incomes potential in 2019, in accordance with a Monday report from tech staffing agency Mondo. The rise of synthetic intelligence (AI) and machine studying has additionally pushed jobs in these areas on to the listing of top-paying roles, whereas a rise in knowledge breaches has additionally led to elevated cybersecurity jobs and salaries, the report discovered.
“Cybersecurity and IT safety abilities proceed to web among the highest salaries inside know-how departments,” Tim Johnson, CEO of Mondo, stated in a press launch. “Salaries are anticipated to maintain climbing because the expertise hole widens, leading to a projected shortfall of three.5 million security-related roles by 2021. We’re additionally seeing some tech salaries that stay flat for much less aggressive, but needed talent units, like QA and Community Assist.”
SEE: The way forward for IT jobs: A enterprise chief’s information (Tech Professional Analysis)
Mondo primarily based its data off of its job placements over the previous yr in New York Metropolis, San Francisco, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Denver, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, Atlanta, and Dallas.
Listed here are the 11 highest-paid tech jobs of 2019, and their common wage ranges, in accordance with Mondo:
- CTO/CIO ($175,000 – $300,000)
- Chief Info Safety Officer ($175,000 – $275,000)
- Demandware developer ( $127,500 – $237,500)
- Options architect ($155,000 – $220,000 )
- IoT options architect ($140,000 – $210,000 )
- Knowledge architect ($145,000 – $210,000)
- Salesforce answer architect ($145,500 – $210,500)
- Database architect ($145,000 – $200,000)
- Challenge supervisor ($75,000 – $200,000)
- AI developer ($120,000 – $200,000)
- Machine studying engineer ($120,500 – $200,000)
The report additionally broke down probably the most profitable jobs in every tech sector. The highest-paying jobs in augmented actuality (AR), digital actuality (VR), and the Web of Issues (IoT) embrace IoT software program architect ($140,000 – $210,000), IoT software program engineer ($100,000 – $175,000), VR engineer ($100,500 – $160,500), and combined actuality developer ($100,000 – $160,000).
The best-salary jobs in cybersecurity embrace supervisor of data safety ($120,000 – $185,000), software safety engineer ($120,000 – $182,500), community safety engineer ($115,000 – $172,500), and cybersecurity engineer ($110,000 – $165,000)
For extra data on probably the most in-demand tech jobs of 2019, try this TechRepublic article.
The massive takeaways for tech leaders:
- CTO/CIO are the tech jobs with the very best common salaries for 2019. — Mondo, 2019
- Demand for cybersecurity expertise continues to extend, with pay growing for these positions as nicely. — Mondo, 2019