– Enjoy a Bollywood-themed night at the scenic National Arboretum with canapés and cocktails on arrival and a three-course dinner, dancing, a photobooth and live entertainment. 7.30pm-1am. $190 per person. Book at Try Booking.
– Bring your costume for Swan & King’s masquerade party, where there will be a DJ spinning late into the night, views of the fireworks and canapés from 9.30pm. 9.30pm-1.30am. $35 per person. Book at Dimmi.
– Witness Australian sex-pop quartet Fun Machine put on a wild show at at Smith’s Alternative. 8pm-late. $40 per person. Book at smithsalternative.com.
– Good things come in fives at the Southern Cross Yacht Club with a five-course dinner and five-hour beverage package, with The Old 45s kicking off live music from 8pm. 7pm-late. $150 per adult, $45 per child. Bookings via cscc.com.au/whats-on/new-years-eve.
– Buvette is ringing in the new year with a three-course dinner with canapés and champagne. 6.30pm-1am. $130 per person. Bookings via hotelrealm.com.au.
– For views of the glittering foreshore and a five-course menu of woodfired pizzas, Pannacotta and more, slip into Molto Italian. 6pm-12.30am. $100 per person. Bookings via moltoitalian.com.
– Feast upon a five-course or seven-course degustation at Sage with matching wines plus oysters and French champagne on arrival. 6-9pm. $180-$240 per person. Bookings via Dimmi.
– End 2018 down the rabbit hole at White Rabbit Cocktail Room’s cocktail and canapé spread featuring items like white chocolate liqueur and blinis with crème fraîche and salmon. 6pm-12.30am. $90 per person. Book at whiterabbitroom.com.au.
– Enjoy four hours of beer, wine, sparkling, selected cocktails, share plates and woodfired pizzas at Lola’s. 8pm-late. $125 per person. Bookings via Eventbrite.
Serena Coady is a lifestyle reporter at The Canberra Times