Ensure you chew your meals and boba correctly earlier than swallowing, peeps! A 20-year-old man from Vietnam had been experiencing extreme abdomen ache for fairly a while earlier than he determined to go to the physician for assist. It was found that he had an intestinal obstruction resulting from consuming an excessive amount of bubble tea and needed to endure surgical procedure.
According to Vietnam Net, the man said that since mid-July, he had been experiencing dull pain for about 20 days. His condition deteriorated and the pain worsened until he could not take it anymore. He went to the clinic but after five days of treatment, his stomachache did not get better.
The young man’s family sent him to the hospital for treatment on 19th August and after careful examination, the doctor determined that the patient was suffering from intestinal obstruction. He said that this was due to undigested food residue and the obstruction was too hard and solid, which means it could not be crushed.
The doctor had no choice but to perform surgery on the young man. During the surgery, the doctor removed two large black clumps from his intestines. They discovered that the clumps were large blocks of tapioca starch and when asked, they found that the man used to work in a bubble tea shop.
He became very fond of the beverage and would often choose to drink bubble tea instead of eating proper food as his meal. Often, he would replace all of his three main meals by just drinking bubble tea three times a day, which is a very unhealthy habit. Your body needs proper food!
The doctor said that the young man’s case was very serious and he was lucky that the obstruction was removed quickly – otherwise he could have died. The doctor said that the intestinal obstruction could lead to infection and necrosis, which can deteriorate to organ failure and ultimately, death.
He advises other people to eat a healthy, well-balanced diet with enough fibre and drink plenty of water. Although tapioca flour itself, the main ingredient in boba, won’t cause constipation, boba has other additives that can cause digestive issues if consumed excessively.
That’s scary! Remember, everything in moderation, guys!
Also read: 8yo Girl Who Drank Bubble Tea & Ate Desserts Every Day Develops Kidney Cancer and Dies