A mom who’s nonetheless grieving just lately shared how her Three-month-old child shockingly died of an an infection after being touched by strangers at an occasion. This incident occurred in August 2018 in the UK.
In line with Fox News, the mother named Emily Vanderbrouck said her baby, Fleur Edwards was kissed and touched by many people at the fundraiser event. Everything seemed to be normal at first and the baby didn’t show any symptoms. In fact, the infant could still eat normally later that night and went to bed as usual – but things went terribly wrong next morning.
“I knew as soon as I looked at her she was gone. No temperature. There was not a single thing wrong. She never woke up,” the mother said.
The baby was sent for an autopsy and the report indicated that the infant was infected with Group B Streptococcus (GBS), which is a type of bacterial infection. According to the American Pregnancy Association, the bacteria that causes the infection can be found in about 25 per cent of all healthy adult vaginas, rectums, and intestines.
“Fleur had been held and kissed by lots of people that day – probably somebody held her who hadn’t washed their hands after using the toilet,” the mother said, adding that she now wants to raise awareness so that other families don’t have to go through the pain that she goes through every day.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and hopefully, other families will be more protective of their newborn babies since their immune systems are not fully developed yet.
Also read: Pregnant Mother Eats Contaminated Fruit From Fridge, Baby Dies of Bacterial Infection