1. German chocolate cake is known as after a man named Sam German, not the nation.
2. Nearly as many individuals have been killed by guillotine in Nazi Germany as within the French Revolution.
Three. The creature that kills the most individuals yearly is not snakes, sharks, and even different people — it is the mosquito.
Four. The Solar Metropolis Poms is a cheerleading squad in Arizona that solely folks 55 or older can be a part of.
5. “What in tarnation?” is actually simply one other manner of claiming, “What the hell?”
6. Chainsaws, the horror-movie homicide weapon of alternative, have been invented for help in childbirth 😊.
7. There’s an island in Japan you’ll be able to go to that is inhabited solely by pleasant bunnies.
eight. There are literally extra public libraries within the US than McDonald’s.
9. The final letter added to the English alphabet wasn’t Z — it was the letter J.
10. In 1518, a “dancing plague” took over the city of Strasbourg, France.
11. Folks wore pretend moles (or “magnificence patches”) fabricated from velvet, silk, or mouse pores and skin within the 18th century as a trend assertion.
12. Earlier than the invention of colour TV, 75% of individuals stated they dreamed in black and white. At the moment, solely 12% do.
13. A feminine structure scholar prevented a Manhattan skyscraper from collapsing within the 1970s when she caught a large design flaw.
14. It is unlawful to personal only one guinea pig in Switzerland as a result of they get lonely.
15. Wombat poop is cube-shaped.
16. The British royal household is not allowed to play Monopoly.
17. Popcorn wasn’t at all times a beloved film snack — in actual fact, previous to the Nice Melancholy, film theaters hated popcorn.
18. Paper luggage are not any higher for the atmosphere than plastic ones.
19. Within the 19th century, consultants warned girls a few illness known as bicycle face, which meant getting caught with the awkward faces they made whereas biking.
20. Till the 1980s, it was unlawful for a lady to drive a automobile down Fundamental Avenue in Waynesboro, Virginia, until her husband was strolling in entrance of the automobile waving a purple flag.
21. The voice of Mickey Mouse and the voice of Minnie Mouse acquired married IRL.
22. A can of Mountain Dew can dissolve a mouse 😳.
23. For a short while, the planet Uranus was named…George.
24. Motion pictures need to make clear that they are fiction due to a 1930s lawsuit that traces again to none aside from Rasputin.
25. Iceland has an elf whisperer who inspects development websites earlier than something will get constructed to ensure no elves are hanging round.
26. Within the 1920s, girls in a number of US cities organized Anti-Flirt Golf equipment in to fight catcalling.
27. Bathroom seat covers are principally pointless.
28. There’s an island within the Bahamas that is inhabited solely by swimming pigs.
29. Richard Nixon as soon as smuggled a suitcase filled with weed by the airport for Louis Armstrong.
30. Historical Greeks got here up with the thought of cyclops after they discovered a fossil of a mammoth, and had no concept what it was.
31. There are 70 (!) components in a McRib sandwich.
32. There are lower-case numbers along with lower-case letters.
33. The primary individual to carry out a profitable C-section in South Africa was Dr. James Barry…a health care provider who was really a lady.
34. For a short time, Melbourne had the perfect title on the planet: Batmania.
35. In 1981, a black lab named Bosco was elected honorary mayor of Sunol, California.
36. Lego is the biggest tire producer on the planet.
37. A “buttload” is an actual measurement of weight.
38. Four% of the sand on Normandy seaside is made up of shrapnel from D-Day that has damaged down.
39. If somebody provides opinions on subjects they know nothing about, they’re an ultracrepidarian.
40. Canadians say “sorry” a lot that The Apology Act was handed in 2009, declaring that an apology cannot be used as proof of request for forgiveness.
41. Amelia Earhart and Eleanor Roosevelt as soon as ditched a White Home feast to go on a joyride flight to Baltimore.
42. There is a highschool in Minnesota that provides service canines yearbook pictures.
43. Most American film villains have British accents as a result of we affiliate them with having excessive mind and low morals.
44. Earth was lined with large mushrooms that have been 24 ft tall and three ft large, as a substitute of bushes.
45. Mom’s Day was fairly actually invented to be anti-commercialism.
46. There is a sexual phenomenon named after President Calvin Coolidge.
47. The brand for Chupa Chups was designed by Salvador Dalí.
48. Fashionable thong underwear was launched by Fiorello LaGuardia, the mayor of New York Metropolis.
49. The Hermitage Museum in St. Petersburg, Russia, has so many cats on its grounds that it employs a “Press Secretary to the Cats.”
50. A author predicted how the Titanic would sink in 1898, 13 years earlier than it was even constructed.
51. There is a city in Poland the place every little thing is adorned with work of flowers.
52. There are bushes that may develop a couple of form of fruit, and so they’re known as fruit salad bushes.
53. “Horizontal refreshment” was 19th century slang for intercourse.
54. In Queensland, Australia, it is unlawful to personal a pet rabbit until you are a magician.
55. Elizabeth Jennings Graham did what Rosa Parks did, however a century earlier on a New York Metropolis streetcar. Her eventual lawsuit led to the desegregation of New York’s public transit system.
56. Sea otters have a pouch below their forearm to retailer their favourite rocks.
57. T-shirts have been initially marketed to single males who did not know methods to sew buttons again on collared shirts by themselves.
58. Previous to the 20th century, squirrels have been one in every of America’s hottest pets.
59. All colours of Froot Loops have the identical taste.
60. April 18, 1930, was such a gradual information day that at 6:30 PM, the BBC’s radio announcer stated, “There is no such thing as a information.”
61. Earlier than the 1800s, folks had a “first” and “second sleep.” They might sleep Three-Four hours, get up for 2-Three hours to do some kind of exercise, then return to sleep till morning.
62. Cows have “greatest associates” and get confused when separated.
63. Ketchup was offered as drugs within the 1830s.
64. Robert Todd Lincoln, Abraham Lincoln’s son, was in shut proximity to a few out of 4 presidential assassinations.
65. In case you’re being violent or drunk in Japan, police will get a futon and roll you right into a burrito.
66. All mammals take about 12 seconds to poop, no matter measurement.
67. Miami is the one main US metropolis based by a lady.
68. The story you have in all probability heard about lemmings leaping off of cliffs to their deaths is FAKE.
69. Anxious vacationers can play with mini horses at a Kentucky airport.
70. In 1965, a patent was filed for a “birthing equipment” which might spin pregnant girls round at as a lot as 7G till their child was flung out from the centrifugal power.
71. A cat co-authored a physics paper in 1975.
72. Cornflakes have been invented to forestall masturbation.
73. When the College of Nebraska performs soccer at residence, the stadium turns into the state’s third largest metropolis.
74. Shaggy from Scooby Doo’s actual title is Norville Rogers.
75. Yearly on Aug. 5, the Mars Curiosity rover sings itself a tragic, solitary “Joyful Birthday.”
76. There are turtle tunnels in Japan to save lots of them from being run over by trains.
77. Snakes can belch fireplace.
78. “She sells seashells by the seashore” was written about an precise individual named Mary Anning.
79. Mr. Rogers introduced that he was feeding his fish on each episode of his present as a result of a blind viewer as soon as requested in the event that they have been okay.
80. Purple Bitter Patch Children are the very same sweet as Swedish Fish, simply with some bitter sugar sprinkled on them.
81. Child puffins are known as pufflings.
Extra trivia and enjoyable details: 9 Books That Really Helped Me Win On “Jeopardy!”