Welshman netted for Arsenal in their 4-3 win over Leicester on August 11, a week before the TV presenter’s death
CONSPIRACY theorists fear the “Aaron Ramsey curse” has struck AGAIN.
Bruce Forsyth is the latest celebrity to pass away shortly after the Welshman netted for Arsenal.
Ramsey, 26, scored an 83rd-minute equaliser two-minutes before Olivier Giroud’s winner in the Gunners’ thrilling 4-3 win over Leicester on the opening day.
With the Wales international scoring on the August 11, Forsyth died after being unwell for some time.
The legendary TV presenter was admitted to hospital earlier this year with a severe chest infection.
Bruce’s family released a statement in which they expressed their gratitude to “the many people who have sent cards and letters to Bruce wishing him well over his long illness and know that they will share in part, the great, great loss they feel.”
They asked for privacy so they would grieve “at this most difficult time.”
Forysth now joins a list of celebrities who have passed away within days of the Welshman scoring, which dates back to 2009.
The so-called curse began in 2009 when Ramsey scored against Portsmouth on August 22, only for Senator Ted Kennedy to die three days later.
History of the ‘Aaron Ramsey curse’
- August 22, 2009: Aaron Ramsey scores in a 4-1 win over Portsmouth.
August 25, 2009: Senator Ted Kennedy passed away.
- May 1, 2011: Aaron Ramsey scored in a 1-0 win over Manchester United.
May 2, 2011: Osama Bin Laden died the following day.
- October 2, 2011: Ramsey scored in a 2-1 defeat against Tottenham.
October 5, 2011: Steve Jobs passed away.
- October 19, 2011: Ramsey netted in a 1-0 win against Marseille.
October 20, 2011: Colonel Gaddafi died.
- February 11th, 2012: Ramsey scored in a 2-1 win against Sunderland.
February 11, 2012: Whitney Houston passed away.
- March 22, 2013: Ramsey scored a penalty in a 2-1 win away to Scotland
March 22, 2013: Basketball star Ray Williams died.
- November 30, 2013: Ramsey scored twice in a 3-0 win over Cardiff.
November 30, 2013: Paul Walker passed away.
- August 10, 2014: Ramsey scored in a 3-0 win over Man City in the Community Shield.
August 11, 2014: Robin Williams died.
- January 9, 2016: Ramsey scored in a 3-1 win over Sunderland.
January 10, 2016: David Bowie passed away.
- January 13, 2016: Aaron Ramsey scored in a 3-3 draw against Liverpool.
January 14, 2016: Alan Rickman died.
- March 5, 2016: Ramsey scored in a 2-2 draw against Tottenham.
March 6, 2016: Nancy Reagan passed away.
- August 11, 2017: Ramsey scored in a 4-3 win over Leicester
August 18, 2017: Bruce Forsyth died.
Following Forsyth’s death, his manager released a touching statement, it read: “It is with great sadness that the Forsyth family announce that Sir Bruce passed away this afternoon, peacefully at his home surrounded by his wife Wilnelia and all his children.
“A couple of weeks ago, a friend visited him and asked him what he had been doing these last 18 months.
“With a twinkle in his eye, he responded ‘I’ve been very, very busy… being ill!’”
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog