All you need to know about the first game of the new top-flight campaign as the Gunners tackle the Foxes
ALEXANDRE LACAZETTE makes his Premier League debut for Arsenal tonight against Leicester, as does defender Sead Kolasinac.
There is also a debut on the Leicester side for Harry Maguire, after he joined the club from Hull for £17million in the summer.
To read the full match report click here.
DREAM TEAM RATINGS
Arsenal: Cech 5, Holding 6, Monreal 7, Kolasinac 7, Bellerin 7, Elneny 6, Xhaka 8, Oxlade-Chamberlain 9, Ozil 7, Welbeck 7, Lacazette 8
Subs: Walcott 6, Ramsey 7, Giroud 7
Leicester: Schmeichel 6, Simpson 6, Morgan 5, Maguire 6, Fuchs 6, Mahrez 7, Ndidi 6, James 6, Albrighton 6, Okazaki 7, Vardy 8
Subs: Amartey 6, Iheanacho 5, Gray 5
? EXCLUSIVE PRICE BOOST: Get 33/1 on Arsenal to beat Leicester ?
START the Premier League season with a bang this Friday night.
The Gunners have looked mighty fine in pre-season – winning both the Emirates Cup and Community Shield in recent weeks.
And they’re sure to want to start their Premier League campaign with a victory over Leicester.
The north London side have beaten Leicester at home in their last 10 Premier League fixtures – the most out of any side in the division.
Sun Bets have a 33/1 special that Arsenal can see off the Foxes in their first match of the season.
ARSENAL TO BEAT LEICESTER NOW 33/1 with SUN BETS
Aaron Ramsey, who missed the Gunners’ Community Shield win over Chelsea, is fit to make the bench.
Per Mertsacker’s, who was forced off during the Community Shield after a nasty collision with Gary Cahill, has been ruled out.
Meanwhile, Laurent Koscielny remains suspended following his sending off on the final day of the 2016/17 Premier League season against Everton.
And Shkodran Mustafi is not yet fit enough to return to the starting XI following a club-sanctioned extended break following his involvement in this summer’s Confederation Cup.
When is Arsenal vs Leicester City?
The Gunners will begin the new season against the Foxes on Friday August 11.
Their Emirates Stadium will play host to the opening clash of the campaign.
It will kick-off at 7.45pm.
What TV channel is the Premier League opener between Arsenal vs Leicester City on?
The match will be shown live around the world.
Fans in the UK can watch all the action live on Sky Sports Main Event.
You can also keep updated with all the action on talkSPORT and SunSport.
- Leicester are on a 21-game winless run against Arsenal in the Premier League (D7 L14), with their
only win against the Gunners coming in their first ever Premier League encounter in November 1994 (a 2-1 victory).
- Arsenal have won each of their last 10 Premier League home encounters with Leicester City; their
joint longest winning streak at home against a single opponent.
- Jamie Vardy has scored Leicester City’s last three goals against Arsenal in the Premier League,
scoring the opening goal twice. However, he is yet to end up on the winning side.
- The Gunners have won only one of their last seven opening day Premier League fixtures, losing three of the last four (W1 D3 L3).
- Arsenal have collected more opening day red cards than any other Premier League side (6), with
Laurent Koscielny getting two of the last three (2010-11 v Liverpool, 2013-14 v Aston Villa).
- Arsenal haven’t lost three consecutive opening day fixtures since 1960.
- Leicester have won just one of their last eight Premier League games to start the season (4-2 over
Sunderland in 2015, D4 L3).
- Arsenal have never lost a Premier League game contested on a Friday (W6 D1) while Leicester
have never won one on this weekday (D1 L2).
- Alexandre Lacazette scored 91 goals in the French Ligue 1 over the last four seasons; more than
any other player in the competition in that period.
- Arsenal forward Alexis Sanchez was the only player to reach double figures for both goals (24) and
assists (10) in the Premier League last season.
- Excluding penalties, Alexis Sanchez recorded an xG (expected goals) total in the 2016-17 Premier
League season of 15.2; the most for Arsenal. Based on the quality of his chances, the average
player would have scored 15 times but he outperformed this by netting 22 non-penalty goals.
- In comparison, Alexander Lacazette scored 18 non-penalty goals in Ligue 1 for Lyon last season,
outperforming his non-penalty xG total of 12.6. He netted 10 penalties last season; more than any
other Ligue 1 player.
- Alexis Sanchez was involved in the build up sequence of 38 Premier League open-play goals last
season; more than any other player in the competition.
- This game will see the English top-flight season begin on a Friday for the first time in its 129 year
? Betting tips: Any Arsenal player to see red, 8/1 ?
ARSENAL TO BEAT LEICESTER NOW 33/1 WITH SUN BETS
THE return of the Premier League means one thing – an Arsenal red card.
No team in history have received more red cards that the Gunners’ six in the opening round of games.
Sun Bets go a tempting 8/1 that one of Arsene Wenger side goes for their traditional early bath.
You can add it to your weekend betslip here.
The Gunners have also been boosted to a tasty 33/1 to win at the Emirates with Sun Bets for the season opener on Friday.
ARSENAL TO BEAT LEICESTER NOW 33/1 WITH SUN BETS
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog