NEWCASTLE will hope to continue their improved form as they travel south to face fellow newly-promoted side Brighton.
Rafa Benitez’s side have won their last three games after a poor start, meanwhile the Seagulls won their last Premier League outing 3-1 at home to West Brom.
Pascal Gross scored a double as Brighton battered West Brom[/caption]
GET A FREE £10 BET WHEN YOU BET £5 ON THE PREM
What are the best odds and tips for Brighton vs Newcastle?
BRIGHTON have to win games like this if they are to stay up.
The Toon did do the double over them last season as both clubs won promotion.
But Rafa Benitez has struggled to get players in to strengthen his side for a top flight campaign.
Brighton have already beaten West Brom at home and were unlucky at Bournemouth last week.
Pascal Gross scored twice in the 3-1 win over the Baggies while £16m record signing Jose Izquierdo is
being eased in.
So we’re going for the Seagulls, with Gross 8/1 to net the opener.
What time is kick-off?
THE game takes place on Sunday 24 September at the Amex Stadium.
Things get underway at 4pm.
Which TV channel can I watch it on?
YOU can watch the game on Sky Sports Premier League channel, with coverage starting at 3.30pm.
Or you can stay with us here on SunSport and follow the action with our LIVE blog.
What is the team news?
BRIGHTON could welcome back Chelsea loanee Izzy Brown, who suffered a hamstring problem in their season opener with Manchester City.
But Sam Baldock, Biram Kayal and Steve Sidwell are all still nursing knocks and won’t feature.
For the travelling Toon, Paul Dummett remains sidlined whilst Aleksandar Mitrovic is suspended.
Tim Krul made his switch from Newcastle to the South Coast permanent this week and could face his old club.
- This will be the 15th league meeting between these two clubs, but the first in the English top-flight.
- In fact, this will become the 1421st different English top-flight fixture to be played between two clubs.
- Newcastle United were the only team to beat Brighton & Hove Albion both home and away in the 2016-17 Championship season, including a 2-1 win away on the south coast.
- Newcastle have posted the lowest passing accuracy (68.9%) and the second lowest average possession figure (38.1%) this season in the Premier League.
- Brighton have handed a Premier League appearance to just 16 different players in 2017-18; the lowest total amongst all clubs this season.
- Newcastle United have had the youngest starting XI on average this season (25y 208d) in the Premier League and they have had three of the five youngest starting XI’s in games this season.
- Newcastle won more points in their last Premier League away game (1-0 v Swansea – three points) than they had in their previous 12 Premier League away trips combined (W0 D2 L10 – two points).
- The Magpies will be looking to win successive Premier League away matches for the first time in nearly three years – last doing so in November 2014.
- Jamaal Lascelles has scored in each of his last two Premier League appearances for Newcastle United – the only defender to score in three in a row in the competition for the Magpies is Steven Taylor in May 2011.
- Pascal Groß has been involved in all four of Brighton’s Premier League goals this season; scoring the first two and assisting the second two.