SURPRISE-PACKAGE Watford make the short trip to Stamford Bridge looking to inflict a third straight Premier League defeat on Antonio Conte.
The Hornets have been superb this season and are fourth going into this one after a 2-1 win over Arsenal last week.
BET £10 GET A FREE £30 BET WITH SUN BETS
Defending champions Chelsea have been beaten three times already and went down by the same scoreline to Crystal Palace – who were previously point-less and without a goal.
A 3-3 midweek draw with Roma did nothing to help the mood around the Bridge and the Italian needs his side to bounce back from their recent slump with three points.
What time is kick-off?
THIS one is being played on Saturday October 21 at Chelsea’s home Stamford Bridge
Kick-off is at 12.30pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU can watch live coverage of the game on Sky Sports Premier League, with coverage starting at 11.30am.
Alternatively, stay with us here on SunSport and follow our dedicated LIVE blog.
What is the team news?
CHELSEA have an injury crisis in midfield and will have to improvise on Saturday lunchtime.
David Luiz and Tiemoue Bakayoko picked up knocks against Roma, joining Danny Drinkwater and N’Golo Kante on the treatment table.
Watford could welcome back Sebastien Prodl and Craig Cathcart is a game-time decision in defence.
Troy Deeney will lead the line and look to build on his goal against Arsenal.
- Chelsea have lost just one of the previous eight Premier League meetings with Watford (W5 D2 L1); this coming in a 1-0 win for the Hornets at Vicarage Road back in September 1999 – Allan Smart scoring the only goal of the game.
- Watford haven’t won a competitive game against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge since May 5th 1986. The Hornets enjoyed a 5-1 victory in their final top-flight game of the 1985-86 season, thanks to goals from David Bardsley (2), Brian Talbot (2) and Colin West.
- Chelsea beat Watford both home and away in the Premier League last season by a single goal margin and both matches saw them score the winning goal in the 87th minute or later.
- Chelsea have already lost three of their opening eight Premier League games to the 2017-18 season. The last time a team lost this many of their opening eight league games and still won the top-flight title were Manchester United in 1966-67.
- Antonio Conte has lost three of his first eight league games in a campaign for the first time since 2009-10 when taking over at Atalanta (in September 2009) in Serie A (also three losses).
- Chelsea haven’t lost three consecutive Premier League games since November 2015 under Jose Mourinho during their title defence of the successful 2014-15 campaign.
- Marco Silva has won 10 points from a possible 12 away from home in the Premier League as a manager this season (W3 D1 L0). In 2016-17 while at Hull City, he saw his side pick up just two points from nine away games in the Premier League (W0 D2 L7).
- Michy Batshuayi scored in both meetings with Watford last season – the only side he’s scored home and away against in the competition.
- Etienne Capoue scored in both of Watford’s defeats to Chelsea last season in the Premier League. He was the only player in the entire 2016-17 Premier League campaign to score home and away against the Blues.
- Richarlison – who has made more tackles than any other Premier League forward this season (21) – has also had a hand in more goals than any other Watford player this term (three goals, one assist).