Filling for a divorce is usually the final resort for who can’t appear to resolve the battle between them, be it one thing critical or simply from falling out of affection with one another. Regardless, the youngsters are sometimes the victims in such a scenario and authorities in China try their finest to scale back the speed of divorce, contemplating that 1.85 million filed for a divorce final yr alone.
As such, a court in Hubei province has designed a ‘test’ which gives a last chance to the couple to re-evaluate their relationship. According to the spokesperson from the court, the judge will use the score from the test as a reference to see if the couple can survive the marriage crisis. However, they can choose not to take the test if they’ve made up their mind.
Here’s the full test paper as reported by Sina.
Section A: 40 marks.
- The child/children’s birthday is/are on ___.
- The child/children’s favourite snack is ___.
- Your partner’s birthday is on ___.
- The child/children’s favourite food is ___.
- Your anniversary is on ___.
- The last time you and your partner communicated was on ___.
- Did your partner’s family and relatives interfere with your marriage? ___
- How many family trips have you done before? ___
- How long did you date your partner before getting married? ___
- How are the house chores divided among you and your partner? ___
Section B: 40 marks
- What’s the most memorable event you’ve done with your spouse?
- What’s the biggest conflict between you and your partner right now?
- What have you done for the family? What went well and wrong?
- What did your partner do for the family? How did it go?
Section C: 20 marks
What do you think about your marriage and family? Write down the reason why you filed for a divorce and your plans after this.
So far, this test is reportedly yet to change any couples’ minds.
After this news went viral online, netizens had mixed feelings about the introduction of this test. Some reckoned that it could prevent hot-headed couples from dissolving their marriage too hastily while others thought the test interferes with the personal lives and decisions of the couples.
What are your thoughts on this issue? Let us know in the comment section!
Also read: Wise Judge Says No to Divorce After Both Parents Refuse to Take Care of Their Son