TWO of the axed darts walk-on women have hit out on the choice to ditch them, describing how they “cannot consider a feminine job that is extra protected”.
Additionally they denied that they’ve ever been subjected to sexual harassment.
SunSport completely revealed how bosses have determined to scrap the fan favourites from the game.
The fashions have accompanied gamers to the oche for greater than twenty years.
The ladies declare bosses had been caving in to stress following the Dorchester hostess scandal during which an undercover reporter claims she was groped at a men-only charity occasion.
Two of these affected, Charlotte Wooden and Daniella Allfree, appeared on ITV’s This Morning right this moment to talk of their shock on the choice.
The ladies had been informed by Sky final week that they had been not wanted, however they solely acquired the bullet from ITV on Thursday.
Talking to Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby, Daniella stated: “We’re 9 per cent of the promoting, we put on a sash with the brand of the sponsor of the match.
NOT HAPPY Darts legends voice their assist for axed walk-on women
“It simply brings a little bit of glitz and glamour to an occasion that’s predominately male.
“I can’t consider a feminine job that’s extra protected. We’ve acquired 4 massive safety guards with us consistently, it’s such a protected atmosphere.
Ronaldo and Georgina look glum at birthday bash after discuss of Rhian messages
Kelly Brook backs darts walk on girls and slams PDC for caving to snowflakes
Chelsea line up bid for Llorente if they fail to land Giroud before deadline
Real Madrid lose £350m naming rights for Bernabeu — and need to sell top stars
Liverpool exile Daniel Sturridge completes stunning loan move to West Brom
“It’s scary really where it’s going to lead this industry. We do a lot of sport, we do the horseracing, F1 grid – which for me is such a prestigious job.
“I’m really proud and it’s very sad to see what’s going to come for the next generation.”
And Charlotte added: “It’s a very enjoyable job and we feel very honoured to do the job.”
But fellow This Morning guest, journalist Sally Howard, described the job as “demeaning” and was pleased “change” was happening.
She said: “What we are seeing is a broader social change that sees these roles as – if not demeaning to the individual, because this is an argument that it’s a choice of some of these ladies – it’s demeaning broadly to women.
“This is a structural change we are seeing with the Grammys, and I think Formula One will come.
“I think the key here is that it’s a sort of decorative role that’s making money for men.
“And you have to remember that this tradition has only been there since the 1990s. It’s no kind of old tradition, it only came about when the PDC was trying to set itself up saying they were going to do something loaded, quite sensationalist.
“Every social change has people who suffer from it. But it doesn’t mean that the change is not necessary.
“It’s fans who also support this, not just resisting it. Fans and broadcasters are behind this.”
Chiefs at the Professional Darts Corporation told those hired for the televised Masters tournament not to show up.
A PDC spokesperson said: “This move has been made following feedback from host broadcasters.”
Sky said it felt last year, in conjunction with the PDC, that it was time to axe the girls in 2018.
Karen-Jean Cookson, 46, the first ever walk-on girl in 1994, said: “It’s political correctness gone mad.”
Within hours of the news hundreds of fans signed a petition to have the girls reinstated.
Over 23,000 darts fans have signed our petition to have walk-on girls return to darts.