It was a quiet Friday (10 Could) afternoon on the College of Canberra library till it arrived. A noxious scent crammed the air, sparking fears of a gasoline leak. Instantly, emergency evacuation came about, and greater than 500 folks from the library left the constructing — solely to search out out the offender was a durian fruit.
They even deployed a HAZMAT team to ensure the air was safe and that there were no toxic chemicals in the air. Imagine all that trouble for a serving of durian.
The firefighters have managed to do a complete sweep of the building and found the culprit behind the smell. The University of Canberra library wrote on its Facebook page,
“The suspected gas leak turned out to be a part of a durian.”
The library also shared in another post explaining that a durian had been left in one of their rubbish bins.
It is funny to think that someone out there actually ate durian before going into the library to do some research. That student might be facing a lot of stress to be needing a fruit like a durian to fuel his or her study session.
However, if you are a durian fan, please be considerate as not all places can accommodate the strong smell, and if you really want to taste its thick and sweet flesh, do find a proper place.
Not a library of course!
Also read: Man Suspected Of Drunk Driving After Failing Breathalyser, Turns Out He Was Just Eating Durian