ENGLAND are within the high division of the brand new Uefa Nations League, however Wales have dropped into the second tier after defeat to Eire.
The brand new format is geared toward supplying extra competitors within the build-up to the European championships, in addition to offering 4 finalists to Euro 2020.
Wales, the Republic of Eire and Northern Eire have been named in League B for the competitors.
Scotland, in the meantime, are in League C after failing to qualify for the World Cup.
The Republic of Eire’s 1-Zero win over the Welsh on Monday seems to have knocked Chris Coleman’s facet out of the operating for the highest league, with the Netherlands occupying the ultimate high slot.
The draw for the competitors will happen on January 24, and matches will happen in September, October and November subsequent 12 months.
Inside League A, the Nations League winners of the 4 teams will go right into a semi-final format mini event to happen in June 2019.
Additionally, Uefa declare qualifying for Euro 2020 might be made “extra streamlined” – with 4 qualifying spots out there from the competitors, that may substitute the Euro play-offs.
There may even be promotion and relegation within the competitors between the leagues and one crew from every of the 4 leagues might be assured a spot at Euro 2020.
The event is geared toward changing “meaningless” friendlies and bringing a extra aggressive edge to the motion.
Europe’s ‘huge’ groups like Germany, France, Spain, Italy, England and Holland ought to benefit from the format, because it permits them to play different ‘huge’ groups with a aggressive edge earlier than entering into qualifying correct.
How does the Uefa Nations League work?
- There are 4 Leagues.
- Every League is cut up into 4 teams.
- Every crew in that group performs one another twice in September, October, November 2018.
- The highest and backside crew are promoted/relegated up or down a League.
What occurs then?
- European qualifiers are then drawn and begin in March 2019.
- In League A, the highest crew in every group will play in a mini event in 2019.
- The ultimate might be a contest in its personal proper – no Euro qualification is assured from that.
What occurs with Euro 2020 qualifying?
- Issues will really feel much more acquainted after March 2019, with old-style Euro qualifying starting.
- There might be 10 teams of 5 – 6 groups, as common.
- The highest two groups in these common qualifying teams will then qualify for Euro 2020.
- However FOUR groups for Euro 2020 might be determined by way of the play-offs decided by the Nations League end, these will happen in March 2020.
What is the Uefa Nations League draw?
Pot 1: Germany, Portugal, Belgium, Spain
Pot 2: France, ENGLAND, Switzerland, Italy
Pot three: Poland, Iceland, Croatia, Netherlands
Pot 1: Austria, WALES, Russia, Slovakia
Pot 2: Sweden, Ukraine, REPUBLIC OF IRELAND, Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pot three: NORTHERN IRELAND, Denmark, Czech Republic, Turkey
Pot 1: Hungary, Romania, SCOTLAND, Slovenia
Pot 2: Greece, Serbia, Albania, Norway
Pot three: Montenegro, Israel, Bulgaria, Finland
Pot four: Cyprus, Estonia, Lithuania
Pot 1: Azerbaijan, FYR Macedonia, Belarus, Georgia
Pot 2: Armenia, Latvia, Faroe Islands, Luxembourg
Pot three: Kazakhstan, Moldova, Liechtenstein, Malta
Pot four: Andorra, Kosovo, San Marino, Gibraltar