King does well with his dual purpose performers and Who Dares Wins will take a slight drop back in trip for the Qatar Summer Handicap at Goodwood next week
ALAN KING is set to drop smart dual purpose performer Who Dares Wins back in trip at the Qatar Goodwood Festival.
Having finished third in the Ascot Stakes on his most recent start, the five-year-old will revert back to a mile and three-quarters a week on Saturday for the Qatar Summer Handicap.
BET £5 AND GET A FREE £10 BET WITH SUN BETS
King said: “Who Dares Wins has been fine and the plan is to go to Goodwood for the mile-and-six handicap a week on Saturday.
“He has been to Cheltenham, Chester and Ascot this year. He is a great horse and I was delighted with his run at Ascot. Hopefully he should be fine coming back in trip.
“There is a possibility he could be a Cesarewitch horse and he has an Ebor entry, so he has got all these options, but he goes to Goodwood first.”
Who Dares Wins is likely to be joined at the Sussex track by stablemate Oceane, who finished behind Who Dares Wins at Ascot.
The Barbury Castle Stables handler preparing him for a second tilt at the Matchbook Betting Exchange Goodwood Handicap Stakes.
Betting scandal after 50-1 winner beats favourite and romps to victory… but it turns out to be DIFFERENT filly
Enable heads a field of ten declared for Saturday’s King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes
Ribchester is the star name as 15 are left in contention for Goodwood’s Sussex Stakes
King added: “Oceane will go back for the two-mile-five handicap on Wednesday. He was entered up last week, but the ground was too soft for him.
“He is very much a good ground horse. He was third in the race last year so hopefully he can go well in it again.”
One horse that will not be seen out for a while is Ascot Stakes fourth Rainbow Dreamer, with his plans put on hold until later in the campaign.
King said: “Rainbow Dreamer is having a break as he was quite jarred up after Ascot. He will be back in the autumn.
“We have got to get him back sound first, so there are no plans for him at this stage.”