Builders proceed to be one of many fastest-growing and most in-demand tech professions, in keeping with a brand new report from The Data Academy. By 2026, greater than 253,000 new software program developer roles shall be created—probably the most for any job in tech.
America will see main progress for tech-related roles in non-tech industries, together with finance, consulting, and retail, the report discovered. However many conventional roles stay dominant as expertise continues to develop.
SEE: IT Hiring Package: Programmer (Tech Professional Analysis)
The Data Academy analyzed knowledge from Glassdoor to find out the 15 US jobs anticipated to develop probably the most by 2026. The outcomes have been as follows:
- Dwelling well being care aides (1.eight million jobs)
- Waiters, meals service employees, and cooks (907,700 jobs)
- Registered nurses (437,000 jobs)
- Software program builders (253,400 jobs)
- Janitors and cleaners (233,000 jobs)
- Operations managers (205,900 jobs)
- Medical assistants (184,600 jobs)
- Nursing assistants (164,000 jobs)
- Building laborers (153,300 jobs)
- Accountants and auditors (140,300 jobs)
- Advertising and marketing analysts (136,000 jobs)
- Customer support representatives (136,000 jobs)
- Landscapers (123,300 jobs)
- Truck drivers (113,800 jobs)
- Upkeep and restore employees (112,700 jobs)
Whereas many employees worry the rise of synthetic intelligence (AI) and automation and the affect of those applied sciences on jobs, at this level, these applied sciences are aiding many individuals in conventional positions reasonably than changing them, in keeping with the report.
“Regardless of the evolution of expertise, it appears the demand for extra conventional positions is not going to be disappearing anytime quickly,” the report acknowledged.
Wish to grow to be a developer and make the most of the rising variety of in-demand roles? This TechRepublic Cheat Sheet has all the info you want on salaries, abilities, and the very best programming languages to study.
The massive takeaways for tech leaders:
- By 2026, some 253,400 extra software program developer jobs shall be created. — The Data Academy, 2018
- The fastest-growing jobs by 2026 embrace dwelling well being aides, waiters, registered nurses, and builders. — The Data Academy, 2018