SunSport brings you all the vital news and updates ahead of this weekend’s crunch Premier League clash
TOTTENHAM host Bournemouth in a crunch Premier League clash this weekend as they look to keep the pressure on leaders Chelsea in the title race.
Spurs trail their London rivals by seven points with seven games remaining but know that a win against the Cherries will give them a real chance of narrowing the gap.
Chelsea face Manchester United at Old Trafford in Sunday’s late kick-off, meaning Mauricio Pochettino’s men cannot afford to waste their chances when Bournemouth come to town.
Here, SunSport reveals all you need to know about the game…
What is the latest team news for Tottenham?
Tottenham team: Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Davies, Dier, Dembele, Son, Eriksen, Dele, Kane.
What is the latest team news for Bournemouth?
Boruc, Smith, Francis, Cook, Daniels, Stanislas, Arter, Wilshere, Pugh, King, Afobe.
Click here for more matchday info
What TV channel is it on?
Tottenham vs Bournemouth is like on Sky Sports 1, with coverage starting at 11.30am.
What time is kick-off?
The game starts at 12.30pm on Saturday, April 15 at White Hart Lane.
- Tottenham have won two of their three Premier League meetings with Bournemouth (D1), netting eight goals and conceding just one in the process.
- The Cherries’ only top-flight goal against Spurs came after 49 seconds of their first such meeting against them – Matt Ritchie scored it at the Vitality Stadium in October 2015.
- Two of the three league games between these sides have seen the opening goal scored in the opening minute, with the other game finishing 0-0.
- Harry Kane has scored five of Tottenham’s eight Premier League goals against the Cherries (63%). He did not feature in this season’s reverse fixture in October however, which was then the first time Spurs had failed to score in a league game in 2016/17.
- Dele Alli has been directly involved in 14 goals in 13 Premier League games for Tottenham in 2017 (10 goals, 4 assists).
- Only Romelu Lukaku (13) and Harry Kane (11) have scored more Premier League goals in 2017 than Josh King and Dele Alli (10).
- Dele Alli turned 21 years old on Tuesday. In Premier League history, just three English players have been involved in more goals than Alli (40) before they turned 21 – Robbie Fowler (76), Michael Owen (73) and Wayne Rooney (66).
- Tottenham has won 11 Premier League home games in a row, their best winning streak at White Hart Lane since October 1987 (14). Indeed, only in the 1919/20 season (12) have Spurs enjoyed a longer winning run at home within a single season than in 2016/17 (also 11 in 1921/22).
- Bournemouth have conceded more goals from outside the box this season than any other Premier League team (9).
- The Cherries have won only once in their last 10 away Premier League games (D3 L6) and none in the last six.
- If Tottenham win this match they’ll reach 71 points from 32 games – one more point than they achieved in the whole of 2015-16 (70).
- These two clubs have won the most penalties in the Premier League this season – Bournemouth have won 10 and Spurs have won eight.