Citizens are rumoured to be back in for Monaco striker after secret lunch between between teenager and the Etihad boss last month
MANCHESTER CITY appear to have entered the race for Kylian Mbappe after it emerged the star enjoyed dinner with Pep Guardiola last month.
The Monaco hotshot is the most coveted striker in Europe this summer with a host of big guns chasing his signature.
Real Madrid, who are trying to offload Mateo Kovacic to Tottenham to raise extra funds, are huge admirers and desperately want the 18-year-old at the Bernabeu.
Arsenal are also interested, but both sides could be blown out of the water by French giants Paris Saint-Germain.
PSG are prepared to match any bid and wages offered for Mbappe – but they now face competition from the Citizens.
L’Equipe claim that Guardiola met the star for something to eat and could revive his interest in the ace.
This tactic should not come as a surprise as it is a similar tactic to that used by the Spaniard in the past.
He often calls or at least speaks to targets before completing any deal to learn more about their character and whether they will fit into his plans.
Despite their lunch date, which came before PSG’s interest, the Parisian’s still remain the firm favourites for the teen sensation.
But they are still yet to submit an offer to their domestic rivals until they receive a definitive “yes” from Mbappe.
The superstar’s father, who has previously spoken with Gunners chief Arsene Wenger, has met with PSG boss Unai Emery regarding a move to the French capital.
Kylian Mbappe factfile
- Born in Bondy, a suburb of Paris, on December 20, 1998
- Joined Moncao in 2013 after two years at the famed French national football centre, Clairefontaine
- Made his Monaco debut on December 2, 2015 – beating Thierry Henry’s 21-year-old record to become the club’s youngest ever player aged 16 years, 347 days
- Scored his first goal for the club in February 2016 and become Monaco’s youngest ever scorer aged, 17 years, 62 days, once again beating a Thierry Henry record
- In February 2017, become the youngest player since 2005 to score a Ligue 1 hat-trick, aged 18 years and two months
- Took the Champions League by storm, helping Monaco to the semi-final of the competition with six goals in nine matches
- Finished the season with 26 goals in all competitions and was named in the Ligue 1 and the Champions League teams of the season
- Made his France debut in March 27 against Luxembourg – becoming the second youngest French player ever (behind Maryan Wisnieski) at 18 years, 3 months, 5 days
Mbappe burst onto the scene last season as he helped Monaco to win the title.
He scored 24 goals in 44 appearances for club and country and made his international debut against Luxembourg in March.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and gossip in our live blog