Typically knowledge might cease syncing between your iPhone and Apple Watch, inflicting the info on the Apple Watch to turn into outdated and now not mirror the present model. This may have an effect on every little thing from contacts and calendars to messages and different knowledge within apps. Sadly, when syncing stops working correctly, you aren’t getting error messages.
For those who begin seeing incorrect knowledge in your Apple Watch, comply with the steps on this tutorial so your Apple Watch can get again to regular.
SEE: Cell machine computing coverage (Tech Professional Analysis)
You would possibly see telephone numbers showing in message notifications in your Apple Watch as a substitute of names; if that is so, you’ll be able to attempt resetting the sync knowledge between your iPhone and Apple Watch by performing these steps.
- Open the Apple Watch app in your iPhone.
- Navigate to the My Watch tab.
- Choose Common | Reset.
- Choose the Reset Sync Information choice that seems within the record (Determine A).
Resetting the sync knowledge in your watch can set off a brand new sync session and filter out a session that’s caught. You could have to restart your Apple Watch and iPhone previous to doing these steps in case your Apple Watch is just not exhibiting as linked within the Bluetooth choices in your iPhone.
After resetting the sync knowledge, be affected person—it may take some time, particularly when you have a number of contact and calendar knowledge.
If this does not resolve the syncing points between your Apple Watch and iPhone, you’ll be able to take away the Apple Watch, and check out setting it up once more. To do that, carry out these steps.
- Open the Apple Watch app.
- Choose your watch from the highest of the My Watch tab.
- Choose the i button beside the watch title.
- Choose the Unpair Apple Watch choice (Determine B).
In your Apple Watch, carry out these steps.
- Depress the Digital Crown to go to the app selector.
- Choose Settings.
- Navigate to Common | Reset.
- Choose the choice for Erase All Content material And Settings and comply with the prompts onscreen (Determine C).
As soon as the Apple Watch has completed erasing the content material, you’ll be prompted to arrange the watch. Observe the prompts on the display to arrange the watch as new. After this course of, the entire remaining sync points needs to be resolved.