Learn how to reset your Android smartphone to the default house display screen.
What do you do if you wish to reset the Android house display screen to the default? TechRepublic’s Jack Wallen explains.
Editor’s notice on March 18, 2019: This Android tip was first revealed in November 2013. Since then, we’ve got included a video tutorial, added steps for Android Oreo and later, and up to date the associated sources.
This may work no matter what Android system you will have*, though I will assume that you simply’re utilizing Android four.x. (* For Android Oreo and later, comply with the steps on the finish of the article.) The first distinction you may discover is the house display screen default utilized by your system. For instance, the Samsung Galaxy line makes use of the TouchWiz house display screen, whereas the Motorola Moto X makes use of Launcher. You may additionally have to know the identify of the launcher that you simply’re at present operating (akin to Nova or 3D House). Here is find out how to reset to the default.
SEE: Job description: Android developer (Tech Professional Analysis)
- Open the Settings app.
- Find Apps or Software Supervisor (relying upon which system you utilize).
- Swipe the display screen to the left to get to the All tab.
- Scroll down till you find the at present operating house display screen.
- Scroll down till you see the Clear Defaults button (Determine A).
- Faucet Clear Defaults.
Resetting the defaults on a Verizon-branded Motorola Moto X.
Take a look at these extra smartphone house display screen sources:
Now that you have cleared the defaults, it’s important to set a brand new default house display screen. To do that, comply with these steps:
- Faucet the house button.
- Choose the house display screen you need to use.
- Faucet At all times (Determine B).
Setting the default house display screen on the Android platform.
The advantage of this tip is that it applies to any sort of app that units a default utility—simply alter what utility’s defaults you clear from the appliance supervisor.
For Android Oreo and later, comply with these steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Seek for House.
- Faucet House app from the outcomes (Determine C).
- Choose the house display screen launcher you want to use from the popup (Determine D).
Do you will have different professional ideas for the Android platform that you simply’d wish to share? Please publish them within the dialogue thread under.