All in all, here is what I realized alongside the best way.*
*And clearly, my findings are based mostly on my private circumstances, genetic predispositions, and bizarre illogical preferences. So, simply take ’em with a grain of salt, since what labored for me (or did not) may not be just right for you (or will!).
So, after a month of experimenting, right here’re my TL;DR on what really labored for me:
• Meditation by way of Headspace: I used it to “scrub” my thoughts within the mornings and set it to a clear slate. I’ve additionally used it through the day to assist me settle down throughout moments of excessive stress.
• Holding a gratitude journal: Reminding myself, each day, of what I have already got, continues to offer me readability on take care of my stress and the way all the pieces matches into the larger image.
• Yoga: Combines meditation with train = win/win.
• Shutting off all display screen utilization (laptops, TVs, and iPhone) after 9 p.m.: Although it wasn’t a cure-all, this helped in decreasing the prebedtime buzz in my head.
• Doing a puzzle: Liked this! A superb, senseless, but just-challenging-enough exercise to show your consideration away out of your ruminating.
• Studying an escapist e book: Although it takes a bit extra effort, studying has been and at all times can be a manner for me to really feel much less alone on the earth.
• Magnificence self-care: Do not thoughts if I do. ?
• Going to mattress two hours sooner than ordinary: Extra sleep = much less repetitive adverse ideas at evening + extra time within the morning to learn/meditate/do yoga.