The teams are in for the clubs’ opening Premier League game of the season
MANCHESTER UNITED face West Ham as they get their Premier League campaign underway.
After last season’s sixth-placed finish, manager Jose Mourinho will be hoping to keep his astounding second-season record intact.
What is the team news?
New Hammers’ signing Javier Hernandez starts against his former team.
Pablo Zabaleta also makes his full West Ham debut after his switch from Man City.
For United, new boy Victor Lindelof is not in the squad.
? Betting tips: Man United to win and Lukaku to score first, 3/1 ?
UNITED TO BEAT WEST HAM & LUKAKU TO SCORE FIRST, 3/1
THEY call it God’s day. But they are wrong.
It’s Jose Mourinho’s day.
The Man United boss has NEVER lost at home on a Sunday.
And he is not about to start now.
The Special One has managed in 112 home Sunday games with Porto, Chelsea, Inter Milan, Real Madrid and Man United.
Amazingly, his record is W86, D26, L0.
We like Sun Bets’ 3/1 that Romelu Lukaku will score first in a United win against West Ham on Sunday.
You can add it to you betslip with Sun Bets here.
When is Manchester United vs West Ham?
The Red Devils will begin their Premier League campaign on Sunday August 13.
A full house is expected at United’s 76,000-capacity Old Trafford stadium.
The match will kick-off at 4pm.
What TV channel is Manchester United vs West Ham?
The game is being shown live on Sky Sports Premier League and Sky Sports Main Event.
You can also keep updated with all the action on talkSPORT and SunSport.
- Three of the last five Premier League games between these two clubs have ended in a draw, with one win apiece in this run.
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last nine Premier League home games with West Ham United (W7 D2 L0) – their last home league defeat against the Hammers was on the final day of the 2006-07 season.
- No team has won more opening day fixtures in the Premier League than Manchester United (16, level with Chelsea).
- West Ham have lost more opening day fixtures than any other Premier League club (10).
- Jose Mourinho has won seven of his previous eight opening day Premier League fixtures as a manager (D1).
- Mourinho has never lost a home match on a Sunday in all competitions in his managerial career, winning 86 and drawing 26 of 112 games.
- Romelu Lukaku scored in seven straight Premier League matches for Everton against West Ham between 2013 and 2016, but failed to find the net in his last match against them in April at the London Stadium.
- Javier Hernandez scored 37 goals in 103 Premier League games for Manchester United, netting a goal every 130 minutes for the club.
- Joe Hart could become the first away goalkeeper to keep three Premier League clean sheets at Old Trafford, having previously kept two with Manchester City in March 2014 and October 2015.
- Five of West Ham’s last six Premier League goals against Manchester United have come from set pieces (one corner, four free-kicks).
⚽ EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Premier League Top Goalscorer ⚽
FANCY Rom to run riot at the Red Devils?
Or Jesus to save your season at Man City?
Well get on Sun Bets’ special offer for the Premier League top goalscorer then.
If you bet £25 on any player to top the table at the end of the season, we’ll give a £5 free bet every-time they score in the competition.
What’s not to love?
BET £25 ON THE PREMIER LEAGUE TOP SCORER AND GET A FREE £5 BET EVERYTIME THEY SCORE
Have you signed up to play fantasy football yet?
If the answer is no you need to take a long, hard look at yourself.
Because the Dream Team game – the UK’s biggest fantasy football game – is back and better than ever this season.
You’ve got a £50m budget to pick 11 players, with all the biggest new signings ready and raring to go ahead of a mouthwatering new Premier League campaign.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up to play now!
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog