Antonio Conte’s side begin the defence of the title they won 12 months ago with the visit of Sean Dyche’s Clarets.
CHELSEA will start the defence of their Premier League title at home to Burnley at Stamford Bridge.
Boss Antonio Conte has given a debut to Jeremie Boga – the Ivory Coast midfielder, 20, making his Blues bow.
⚽ EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Premier League Top Goalscorer ⚽
FANCY Rom to run riot at the Red Devils?
Or Jesus to save your season at Man City?
Well get on Sun Bets’ special offer for the Premier League top goalscorer then.
If you bet £25 on any player to top the table at the end of the season, we’ll give a £5 free bet every-time they score in the competition.
What’s not to love?
BET £25 ON THE PREMIER LEAGUE TOP SCORER AND GET A FREE £5 BET EVERYTIME THEY SCORE
When is Chelsea vs Burnley?
The Blues begin their new season against the Clarets on Saturday, August 12.
Stamford Bridge plays host to the opening clash of the campaign.
Kick off is at 3pm.
What TV channel is Chelsea vs Burnley on?
The match will not be shown live in the UK, but fans can catch up on either Sky Sports’ Game of the Day at 8:30pm on Sky Sports Premier League or Match of the Day at 10:30pm on BBC One and BBC One HD.
Live radio commentary is available on BBC 5Live and live text commentary and updates will be broadcast here.
What is the team news?
Pedro and Eden Hazard are out for Chelsea with ankle injuries.
New signing Tiemoue Bakayoko is also sidelined with a knee injury.
Victor Moses is suspended following his red in the FA Cup final.
For Burnley, Sean Dyche has been able to pick a full strength side.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in their previous six Premier League meetings with Burnley (W4 D2 L0).
- Chelsea have won more points on opening day than any other Premier League club (54).
- In fact, the Blues haven’t lost an opening day Premier League fixture since 1998 v Coventry, going unbeaten in their last 18 games to start the season (W15 D3).
- Just one of the previous 25 reigning Premier League champions have lost their opening game in the following season – Leicester City v Hull City in 2016 (W20 D4 L1).
- Burnley have lost all three Premier League opening day fixtures, scoring just one goal in those three games.
- Burnley have won just one of their 16 Premier League away games in London (D2 L13), although it came on their last visit to the capital against Crystal Palace in April, winning 2-0.
- Chelsea (183) have won more points in August than any other team in Premier League history (P85, W54, D21, L10).
- Chelsea summer signing Alvaro Morata (27.3%) had the highest conversion rate of any striker to score 10+ goals in La Liga last season, scoring 15 goals from 55 shots (inc. blocks).
- Morata’s goals won Real Madrid 13 points in the La Liga last term, only Cristiano Ronaldo won more for the side (14).
- Antonio Conte won 30 of his 38 Premier League games in charge of Chelsea last season (79%), the best win ratio of any manager in the competition’s history (min. 10 games).
- If Chelsea win, they’ll become the second team to win 300 Premier League games on a single weekday, with Manchester United having won 327 games on a Saturday.