SRUGGLERS Crystal Palace welcome the champions Chelsea to Selhurst Park still as they continue their search for a first point and goal this season.
After seven straight defeats their second boss of the season, Roy Hodgson, is trying to stay positive.
Antonio Conte’s side were also stung by City last time out, crashing to a second home defeat of the season – leaving them fourth and 6 points off the pace.
But away from home they’ve been exceptional, winning their three games on the road at Spurs, Leicester and Stoke by an aggregate of 8-2.
What time is kick-off?
THIS one takes place on Saturday October 14 at Selhurst Park.
Things get underway at the traditional time of 3pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
UNFORTUNATELY the game isn’t being show live in the UK.
But worry not, as you can stay with us right here on SunSport and follow our dedicated Premier League blog from 2pm.
What is the team news?
- Crystal Palace have won only one of their previous eight Premier League matches against Chelsea at Selhurst Park (W1 D1 L6), winning 1-0 in March 2014 under Tony Pulis.
- Chelsea (421) have won more points in Premier League London derbies than any other side in the
competition’s history (P232 W119 D64 L49).
- Crystal Palace are currently on the second longest run in minutes without scoring from the start of the season in Football League history (630 minutes) – only Halifax Town in the fourth tier in 1990 -91 (730 minutes) had a longer wait to score.
- The last top-flight team to lose their opening eight matches of a season were Manchester United in 1930-31, who went on to lose their first 12.
- Crystal Palace could become the first team in Football League history to lose nine consecutive games without scoring – on only three other occasions have a team lost eight games in a row without scoring and only once in the top-flight (Sunderland between November 1976 and January 1977).
- Chelsea have failed to score in two of their last three Premier League matches under Antonio Conte, as many as in their previous 36. The Blues only failed to score in three of their 38 PL games last season and have already drawn a blank in two of their seven so far this term.
- Crystal Palace have an xG total of 8.14 in the Premier League this season, meaning that, based on historic data, the average side would be expected to have scored eight goals from the chances they have been presented. In comparison, Chelsea have scored 12 goals despite having an xG total of just 6.81.
- Antonio Conte could become the first Chelsea manager to record two separate winning runs of 6+ Premier League away games (also December 2016), with the Blues winning their last five on the road in the PL.
- Roy Hodgson has never lost his first four Premier League games in charge of a team (lost first three with Fulham).
- Hodgson could become only the second permanent manager to lose his first four Premier League games in charge of a side without scoring a single goal after his predecessor Frank De Boer. Prior to this season, no permanent Premier League manager had lost their first four without scoring at a club.
- Cesc Fabregas (49 goals) could become just the third Spanish player to net 50 goals in the Premier League after Diego Costa (52) and Fernando Torres (85). Fabregas could be the first Spanish midfielder to reach this milestone.
Liverpool 0 Man Utd 0: Lukaku appears to stamp on Lovren after De Gea super save
Dele All In
Dele Alli wants to become Spurs’ best-paid player with £160,000-a-week contract
Fans call for Romelu Lukaku ban after he appears to stamp on Dejan Lovren
Ex-Rangers star Bob Malcolm goes from Old Firm to selling ice creams out of van
England face World Cup 2018 Group of Death… with Iceland rematch on the cards