Everything you need to know ahead of the eagerly-anticipated clash between the two most recent top-flight champions
THE Premier League’s two most recent champions face off this weekend as Leicester host Chelsea.
Antonio Conte’s men suffered a dreadful first day loss at home to Burnley, but showed they mean business with wins over Tottenham and Everton.
Meanwhile, the Foxes have won one and lost two of their first three games, including the opening day, 4-3 loss at the hands of Arsenal.
When is Leicester vs Chelsea?
Leicester will take on Chelsea on Saturday September 9.
The match at the King Power Stadium will kick-off at 3pm.
The Foxes game against the Blues will be both clubs’ first game since the international break.
?THE ANALYST’S TIPS: Harry Maguire to score first, 35/1?
By Danny Higginbotham, The Analyst
HARRY MAGUIRE has had a brilliant start to the season and Riyad Mahrez’s delivery from set-pieces is superb.
Mahrez did want to move away from Leicester but I know that he’s not let his standards slip and has been fine within the group.
Chelsea have got some good defenders but, with Gary Cahill still suspended, they’ve lost a big organiser in the box.
Sun Bets are top price for all first goalscorers in the Premier League and Maguire is great value.
ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP: Harry Maguire to score first 35/1
What TV channel is showing Leicester vs Chelsea?
The match will not be broadcast live, due to the Saturday 3pm restrictions.
However, you can keep tabs on the all the Premier League action on talkSPORT.
Alternatively, follow coverage of the match with our live blog.
Here are the line ups.
- Leicester have lost 11 of their last 13 games against Chelsea in all competitions, with their only two non-defeats in that time coming in the 2015-16 Premier League season (W1 D1).
- Chelsea have won five of their last six away matches against the Foxes (L1), scoring at least three goals in all of those victories, including two last season (4-2 in the League Cup, 3-0 in the Premier League).
- The Foxes have only kept one home Premier League clean sheet against Chelsea in 11 matches against them, with Pegguy Arphexad the goalkeeper to do so in February 1998.
- Chelsea haven’t won away from home in the month of September in any of the last four Premier League seasons (W0 D4 L3). Last season they drew 2-2 at Swansea before losing 0-3 at Arsenal in September 2016.
- However, Antonio Conte’s side have won 13 of their last 17 Premier League away games (W13 D2 L2) and have only failed to score in two of these trips.
- Since August 2016, Leicester City have lost 10 of their 14 Premier League matches against 2016- 17’s top six sides and picked up only eight points out of a possible 42 (W2 D2 L10).
- Danny Drinkwater has made more tackles in the Premier League than any other English player (190) since the start of the 2015-16 season.
- Cesc Fabregas has been involved in six goals in four starts against Leicester for Chelsea in all competitions, scoring three and assisting three – against no side has he been involved in more goals for Chelsea.
- Alvaro Morata has scored two goals and assisted two more in his three Premier League appearances so far. The players with the most goal involvements within their first four PL apps for Chelsea are Diego Costa (7), Cesc Fabregas (6) and Eden Hazard (5).
- Jamie Vardy has scored 10 goals in 16 Premier League appearances since Craig Shakespeare first took charge of a Leicester City game on February 27th. In this period, only Harry Kane (12) and Romelu Lukaku (11) have more Premier League goals.
Keep up to date with ALL the football news, gossip, transfers and goals on our club page plus fixtures, results and live match commentary.