JOSE MOURINHO’s Manchester United side are in superb form as they look to continue their unbeaten start to the season against Southampton.
The red side of Manchester has been delighted with their start, as the Special One’s side have played with pace, power and ruthless efficiency to sit joint-top with City.
Mourinho would’ve taken four wins from five and a hard-fought draw at Stoke before the season started and has seen hit side his four goals FOUR times already.
Southampton have got off to a shakey start and have struggled scoring, with all their goals coming in their two wins – a 1-0 triumph at Palace and a last-minute 3-2 victory over West Ham.
⚽Southampton v Man United: The Analyst’s best bet⚽
MY GRAPHIC shows exactly where Man United will score against Southampton, writes DANNY HIGGINBOTHAM.
Marcus Rashford and Anthony Martial look so dangerous on the left wing – and they link up very well with Romelu Lukaku.
I fancy United to score 2+ goals against the Saints.
Add it to your betslip: Man United to score 2+ goals, evens
What time is kick-off?
THE game takes place on Saturday 23 September at St Marys.
Kick-off is at the proper time for football – 3pm.
Which TV channel can I watch it on?
SADLY this match isn’t available to watch live on TV in the UK.
You can stay with us here on SunSport and follow the action with our LIVE blog, whilst Match of the Day will provide highlights at 10.30pm on BBC One.
What is the team news?
SHANE LONG gets the nod up front for Southampton ahead of Manolo Gabbiani while Virgil van Dijk earns a place on the bench.
Manchester United name the same team that beat Everton 4-0.
- Southampton have lost 24 Premier League games against Manchester United (W7 D5); four more defeats than they have suffered against any other opponent.
- Manchester United have won 14 of a possible 18 points in their last six Premier League visits to St Mary’s Stadium (W4 D2 L0).
- Southampton have failed to score in eight of their last 10 Premier League matches at St Mary’s Stadium.
- Southampton have lost 10 Premier League games in 2017 so far – if they lose this match, they’ll have already equalled their tally of Premier League losses in 2016 (11) with 15 more games scheduled to play following this fixture this calendar year.
- Manchester United have scored more Premier League goals in the 80th minute or later in games (9) than 17 of the 19 other clubs have scored overall in the competition this season.
- Eight different players have found the net in the Premier League for Manchester United in their opening five games this season; more than any other side. At this stage last season, they only had four different goalscorers.
- Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Romelu Lukaku have combined for three goals in the Premier League this season (providing assists for goals) – no other partnership has been as profitable in 2017-18 so far.
- Romelu Lukaku has scored five goals in his first five Premier League games for Manchester United. The player with the most goals after six PL apps for the Red Devils is Louis Saha (six).
- 12 of Romelu Lukaku’s last 22 Premier League goals have been scored in the 80th minute or later (55%).
- Lukaku has scored more Premier League goals this season (5) than opponents Southampton (4), despite attempting 47 shots fewer (24 v 71).