Arsene Wenger’s side will be keen to bounce back from the 3-1 defeat to Manchester United on the South Coast
ARSENAL are aiming to make it two away wins on the bounce when they visit St Marys to take on Southampton on Sunday lunchtime.
Despite grinding out a 1-0 win at Burnley last time on the road, Arsene Wenger’s side have had a bout of travel sickness this season and have lost four of their seven away games.
CLAIM YOUR FREE £30 BET Check out this new sign up offer from Sun Bets
Defeat to Manchester United has left them in fifth going into this one, 11 points ahead of the Saints.
Southampton have struggled for consistency all season and have two wins in ten – but did batter Everton 4-1 in their last home game.
What time is kick-off?
THIS one is being held at St Marys on Sunday, December 10.
Kick-off is at 12pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU can catch all the action live on BT Sport 1, where coverage starts at 11.30am.
If you can’t get to a TV, join us here on SunSport where we will be running a dedicated LIVE blog, featuring all of Sunday’s Premier League action.
?How to claim your FREE £30 bet?
1 Register for Sun Bets here
2 Bet £10 or more
3 Sun Bets will stick a £30 bet in your account
What is the team news?
- Southampton have only lost one of their last six home Premier League games against Arsenal (W2 D3), though it was in the last such meeting back in May (0-2).
- Arsenal haven’t won successive away league games against Southampton since August 1997.
- However, Arsenal did win twice at St Mary’s last season, earning a 5-0 victory in an FA Cup fourth round match thanks to a Theo Walcott hat-trick, and a 2-0 win in the Premier League.
- Southampton have never lost three home games in all competitions against a single opponent in a calendar year, while Arsenal last won three away matches against an opponent in a calendar year in 1987 against Spurs (four wins).
- Only two Arsenal players have scored more goals in their first 15 Premier League appearances for the club than Alexandre Lacazette (8) – Alexis Sanchez (9) and Ian Wright (10).
- The Gunners have lost 11 league matches in 2017, their worst tally in a calendar year since 1995 (14).
- No Premier League player has made more Premier League appearances without starting a game than Olivier Giroud this season (12, level with Diafra Sakho) – at a single club, only Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at Man Utd (17) has more Premier League substitute goals than Giroud does for Arsenal (16), including three this season.
- Arsenal have already recovered as many points from losing positions this season as they managed in the entirety of last season (9) and won more matches from behind this season (3) than last season (2).
- Fraser Forster has conceded just five goals in his five Premier League games against Arsenal, despite the Gunners having 30 shots on target against the England keeper.
- Charlie Austin has scored seven goals in his last 10 Premier League starts for Southampton, including three in his last two.
- Austin has scored in both of his previous two Premier League appearances against Arsenal, but he ended up on the losing side for QPR (both 1-2) on both occasions.
?SPIN WHEN YER WINNING Here is how to claim 25 FREE SPINS with Sun Casino