German club’s managing director Oliver Mintzlaff says they are looking forward to having Keita at the club next season
RB LEIPZIG have issued a hands-off warning to Liverpool over transfer target Naby Keita.
The German club’s stance on the the £75million rated midfielder had reportedly softened since his training ground horror tackle on Diego Demme, according to German newspaper Bild.
Keita, 22, has cleared the air with RB Leipzig teammate Demme after the tackle forced the club to cancel a training session.
The Liverpool target flew in with an X-rated challenge that left Demme writhing on the floor and brought a premature end to the workout.
The report in Germany claims Keita is now often on his own in the training camp and seems unmotivated during the training sessions.
But the German club’s managing director Oliver Mintzlaff has now reiterated that the player is going nowhere.
Mintzlaff told told Bild: “€75m (£66.9m) is not enough to buy Keita. He is World Class, he stays.
“RB Leipzig is looking forward to the next season together with Naby Keita.”
Liverpool last week failed with a second bid of £66million for Keita.
Jurgen Klopp has been chasing the Guinea international all summer.
Keita is believed to be desperate to be allowed to move to Anfield – but his club are playing hardball as they attempt to keep hold of their prized asset.
And it could force Klopp to abandon his chase of the talented midfielder.
It has been a frustrating transfer window for Liverpool so far despite the arrivals of wingers Mohamed Salah and Dominic Solanke.
Naby Keita – The man Jurgen Klopp wants to bolster Liverpool’s midfield
- Keita was born on February 10 1995 in Conakry, Guinea
- The midfielder joined his hometown club aged nine
- He signed for French club FC Istres in 2012 and was promoted to the first-team squad a year later
- Keita scored 11 goals in 23 matches for the Ligue 2 side during his first season of senior football
- Austrian giants Red Bull Salzburg signed him in 2014 and he helped them to win a league and cup double
- Last June he switched to Germany and RB Leipzig, scoring seven goals in his debut campaign
- Keita made his international debut for Guinea against Mali in 2014 and has gone on to win 25 caps
Meanwhile, Philippe Coutinho is a step closer to leaving Liverpool as he has ‘already agreed a contract in principle with Barcelona’, according to reports in Spain.
The Brazilian star has been linked with a blockbuster £89million move to the Nou Camp in recent days.
Liverpool rejected a £72m offer last week with Klopp insisting he will be keeping his star man at Anfield next season.
But, according to RAC1 and Mundo Deportivo, Coutinho has already held talks over a potential contract with Barca – and agreed in principle to terms.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog