THE smart money is on Liverpool for this one.
Arsenal finished bottom of the ‘top six league’ last season – a breakdown of results between the top six sides.
The Reds, meanwhile, topped the six-team mini league.
It points to the Gunners being flat-track bullies and Liverpool delivering when it counts.
Liverpool are slight odds-against favourites to win at 11/10.
Check back here later for our expert’s full betting preview for the game, which kicks off on Sunday at 4.00pm and is live on Sky Sports.
Until then, our stat pack should give you an early steer in your weekend betting plan.
Liverpool v Arsenal betting stats preview
- Liverpool won both of their Premier League meetings with Arsenal in 2016-17 – they haven’t won three in a row versus the Gunners since May 1998 (four in a row).
- Games between these two clubs in the Premier League have produced 17 goals in the 90th minute or later; more than any other fixture.
- Arsenal won the fewest points in matches between the top six sides in 2016-17 (9) and lost half of their 10 matches against fellow top six opposition.
- The Gunners last won a Premier League away game against a side that finished in the top six last season back in January 2015 (2-0 at Man City) – they’ve since lost seven and drawn five of their matches on the road against these clubs.
- Liverpool won 20 points from 10 Premier League matches against the rest of the top six in 2016-17; more than any other side.
- Arsenal have lost eight of their last 13 Premier League away matches (W4 D1 L8) – their previous eight away defeats in the competition came over a period of 41 games (W22 D11 L8).
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in each of their last three Premier League games at Anfield – the last time that they kept four in a row at home in the competition was in September 2013 under Brendan Rodgers.
- Since Jürgen Klopp took charge of the Reds for the first time in October 2015, Arsenal (133) have won five more points in the Premier League than Liverpool (128).
- These two sides have attempted the most shots on target in the opening two matchdays of the 2017-18 Premier League season – Liverpool (18) & Arsenal (16).
- Alexandre Lacazette has netted seven goals in his last six competitive appearances, although just one of those has come in an Arsenal shirt (six for Lyon).
- Petr Cech has conceded 26 goals against Liverpool in the Premier League – against no side has he conceded more in the competition (also 26 vs Manchester United).
- Sadio Mané has had a hand in five goals in his five previous Premier League starts against Arsenal (three goals, two assists).
- Roberto Firmino has scored three goals in four Premier League games against Arsenal.
More TV betting previews