Payne has not been feeling well since arriving in the UK and she is not fit enough to take her place in The Girls team at Ascot today for the Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup
HOLLIE DOYLE will replace Michelle Payne in today’s Dubai Duty Free Shergar Cup at Ascot.
Payne has pulled out of the event after not feeling well enough to ride.
It has been an eventful week for Payne who walked out of a media event for the Shergar Cup earlier in the week.
In a statement released by Ascot, Payne said: “It is with great disappointment that because of a virus I have contracted since arriving in England, I find I am unable to ride in the Shergar Cup competition today.
? Templegate’s Shergar Cup Tips ?
- 1.05 Ascot – Pipers Note: ‘Unlucky over course and distance last time and goes off the same mark here’ (add to your betslip)
- 1.40 Ascot – Graceland: ‘Pipped by a useful sort in the Northumberland Vase, has improved since then’ (add to your betslip)
- 2.15 Ascot – Gawdawpalin: ‘New lease of life since being gelded! Can improve again’ (add to your betslip)
- 2.50 Ascot – Breakable: ‘She keeps things simple and she has no problem with the ground’ (add to your betslip)
- 3.25 Ascot – Kasperenko: ‘Won at Doncaster last time and may still be ahead of the handicapper’ (add to your betslip)
- 4.00 Ascot – Nobly Born: ‘Proven at this level and wasn’t disgraced last time out’ (add to your betslip)
“I saw the doctor yesterday and we had both hoped the medication prescribed would kick in, but unfortunately that has not been the case and I am not well enough to compete today.
“I had been looking forward to being part of this special event for a long time.
William Buick ‘conscious but complaining of back pain’ after fall in the Secretariat Stakes
Templegate’s tips for ITV’s races at Ascot, Newmarket and Haydock on Saturday, August 12
BECK IN BUSINESS
Promising Beckford hunts for first Group 1 win in Sunday’s Phoenix Stakes at the Curragh
Permian heads to Arlington for the Secretariat Stakes in search of his first Group 1 win
Matt Chapman’s tips for ITV’s racing from Ascot, Haydock and Newmarket on Saturday, August 12
“Joining the girls team had been had been a major goal of mine over the last 12 months, since missing the opportunity due to injuries sustained in a fall last year.
“I would like to thank everyone for their support and encouragement and would love to return another time.”
But it is a great opportunity for Doyle who has made great strides this season and as her only previously booked ride is at Lingfield’s evening meeting, she will not miss any rides.
Doyle will also be allowed to claim her 3lb allowance.