Mother ‘taken in by flames’ after lighting candle light with hand sanitizer on her skin

    Mother 'consumed by flames' after lighting candle with hand sanitizer on her skin

    Revealed: The Secrets our Clients Used to Earn $3 Billion

    Kate Wise, was severly burned in Texas after being lit on fire from hand sanitizer. (Photo: @GoFundMe)

    A mom was ‘consumed by flames’ after lighting a candle light while she had a rogue area of hand sanitizer on her skin.

    Kate Wise remained in her house in Houston, Texas on Sunday when the coronavirus essential product wound up sparking her skin and a close-by bottle filled with the alcohol-based gel.

    When she went to light a candle light, Wise informed KHOU11 that flames reached the off-brand sanitizer and it blew up.

    ‘I had hand sanitizer on my hand, it just lit my hand with fire,’ she stated. ‘And it obviously went all over my face. And, in like a matter of five seconds, my whole body was just consumed in flames.’

    Another Kate Wise 6c00

    Kate Wise is a mom of 3 children who suffered extreme burns after hand sanitizer ignited. (Photo: KVUE)

    Two of her children went to get assist from the next-door neighbors while Wise managed all the burning clothing off her body. She did so while getting her 3rd child, who is handicapped, and family pets out of the home.

    ‘It’s something that you never ever desire your kids to see, you simply being up in flames.’ Wise stated. ‘I think that part kind of killed me just because it’s something I never ever desired them to need to go through.’

    Wise’s buddy Kathryn Bonesteel stated this must be a cautioning about purchasing off-brand items and contacted seller giant Amazon to check out this concern.

    ‘We’re all purchasing what’s quickly offered,’ Bonesteel stated. ‘We look to stores we trust like Amazon to purchase the products that we need to protect ourselves and our families.’

    Wise is recuperating in the extensive care system and considers herself blessed to be alive. The regional fire department is examining the reason for the fire.

    Bonesteel has actually introduced a GoFundMe page to assist Wise with medical expenditures.

    Get in touch with our news group by emailing us at

    For more stories like this, examine our news page.