A mountain lion that was discovered useless in California final month had rat poison in its system, officers mentioned Tuesday.
The animal, dubbed P-47, was discovered useless on March 21 within the Santa Monica Mountains Nationwide Recreation Space, the Nationwide Park Service mentioned.
A necropsy decided the Three-year-old might have died from rat poison, as he had six completely different compounds of rodenticide in its system, however the actual reason for demise wasn’t confirmed.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
P-47 might need eaten a squirrel or different animal that ingested the poison, or snacked on a coyote or different predator that ate tainted prey, in keeping with researchers.
The Nationwide Park Service mentioned poison compounds had been present in 21 out of 22 mountain lions examined by biologists.
The Related Press contributed to this report.