A mom of two claims she opened her sandwich from Dunkin’ Donuts to search out it coated with worms and flies.
Krystle Platzer was in a rush on the morning of Oct. 18 and left the home in a rush to make her 9.30 a.m. assembly at her son’s faculty. After the assembly, she determined to cease by a drive-thru Dunkin’ Donuts in Lakewood, NJ along with her two-year-old son to seize a fast breakfast.
“My child was hungry, and was screaming. I used to be driving, so I gave him the sandwich to eat. I did discover that it wasn’t sizzling after I handed it to him, which was bizarre. He ate the entire thing,” she stated.
NORTH CAROLINA RESTAURANT SERVER GIVEN $10,000 CASH TIP BY PATRON WHO ORDERED WATER
“After I obtained dwelling I opened mine as much as put ketchup on it. There have been little black specks on it however I believed they have been simply burnt bits from the croissant. I took a fast chew anyway as a result of I used to be hungry and I wanted to take care of the newborn. A worm fell from my lip onto the Dunkin’ Donuts wrapper.
“I often go there on a regular basis. There has by no means been a problem earlier than,” Platzer stated.
The chain has promised to research the incident however Platzer stated she is going to by no means eat meals from there once more.
“I’ve by no means seen something like this in my life. The bacon inside was pink and crawling with bugs, it was disgusting. It was not regular. I used to be terrified to the touch it. I used to be screaming, and shouted ‘what the heck!’” she stated.
“I opened up the sandwich once more and there have been child flies, larvae, maggots and an extended worm inside. There have been six or seven bugs – possibly extra. How might somebody not discover that? They needed to open the sandwich as much as put the bacon inside.”
Platzer stated she instantly referred to as the well being division after which tried to make herself throw up. “I used to be sick to suppose I had swallowed it.”
She’s additionally involved for her younger son. “I used to be most frightened concerning the child as a result of he had eaten his entire sandwich. He appears OK up to now, however I’m going to take him to the physician to get an anti-parasite capsule simply in case.“
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK FOR MORE FOX LIFESTYLE NEWS
Platzer stated the proprietor supplied her free meals and promised to research, although they did not give her a refund.
Dunkin’ Donuts stated in a touch upon Friday: “We take issues comparable to this very significantly. Upon studying of the grievance, we instantly dispatched a licensed Operations Supervisor from Dunkin’ to the shop to substantiate all meals security and high quality requirements are being adopted. The franchisee who owns and operates the shop has confirmed he has met with the visitor to resolve the matter and apologize for the poor expertise.”