Brazil forward appeared to have confrontation with new boy Nelson Semedo during fiery session in Miami
NEYMAR storms out of Barcelona training after a bust-up with one of his team-mates – as the Paris Saint-Germain transfer saga appears to take its toll.
The Brazil forward had to be physically restrained after he clashed with new boy Nelson Semedo.
The video of the scuffle, which was aired on Sky Sports, shows that the fiery flashpoint occurs just after Neymar scores.
While running back, Semedo’s arm goes around Neymar’s neck and the pair jump all over each other before squaring up face-to-face.
Neymar has his arms out to his side as if to gesture, ‘What are you doing?’
Full-back Semedo – who joined Barca from Benfica for £26.8million just last month – then walks away as the rest of the Barcelona players look on, but then Neymar shouts over to him.
He then walks in the direction of Semedo before being grabbed and held back by Sergio Busquets.
Semedo distances himself from the action as Neymar tears off his bib and throws it to the floor before lashing at a ball in frustration.
Fuming Neymar then walks off by himself and kicks another ball in anger before leaving training in Miami altogether.
It was in stark contrast to earlier in the session when the Samba boy couldn’t keep the smile off his face alongside Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez.
Talk has intensified around Neymar’s proposed world-record £195m move to PSG.
Reports last night claimed he had agreed a five-year deal with the Ligue 1 side.
And Barca president Josep Maria Bartomeu has given the green light to Neymar’s move by saying the club are powerless to stop players leaving.
Neymar – who was recently cleared of tax evasion – has long been targeted by the Qatari-backed club and the star’s dad has even hinted at a move.
Reports yesterday claimed PSG had started making moves to have the player’s name on the back of their shirts and that a Qatar Football Association official had confirmed the move was a done deal.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog
Paris Saint-Germain had initially baulked at the £352m package needed to sign Neymar.
But it appears they have now pulled out all the stops in their bid to sign the man whose winner gave Jose Mourinho’s Man United side their first loss on their US tour.
And it has now emerged that Neymar has pulled out of a scheduled autograph session “due to the player and his staff being involved in a transfer”.
A statement from the travel company which organised the meet and greet read: “Neymar and his team are busy solving problems on a transfer, they could not guarantee his presence on July 31 in Shanghai.”
Neymar: Who is the Brazilian star?
- Born on February 5, 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo
- Joined local side Portugesa Santista as a seven-year-old, before mocing to Santos at 11
- Made his senior debut for Santos at just 17, scoring 14 goals in total his first season
- At age 18 he led Santos to the Brazilian title and came third in the South American Footballer of the Year award
- Won man of the match in the 2011 Copa Libertadores final, as Santos beat Penarol – it was the Brazilian club’s first time winning the competition since Pele was playing 1963
- Eventually left Santos in 2013 after winning three Brazilian titles and scoring 136 goals in 225 matches – all before 21
- Moved to Barcelona in 2013, with Barca president Josep Bartomeu charged with tax fraud after it was revealed he had paid the star’s parents €40million
- iIn five years at the club has helped Barcelona win two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey three times, the Club World Cup and the Champions League in 2015
- Has scored 105 goals in 186 matches for Barca, adding 59 assists in that time
- Fast-tracked into the Brazil national team at just 18, he already has 52 goals in 77 caps – fourth on the all-time list.
- Has been the Selecao’s permanent captain since 2015
Barcelona look to be preparing for life without Neymar with their pursuit of Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho.
Jurgen Klopp’s side insist Neymar’s fellow countryman has not asked to leave despite talks going on between the club and his representatives over a rumoured £89m deal.
And Nou Camp chiefs may have to dig deeper into their pockets anyway with Liverpool putting a £134m price tag on their star man.