A fee of £196m is reportedly on the table for the Brazilian striker, enough to meet his release clause with Barca
NEYMAR is so close to signing for Paris Saint-Germain, the club are already planning the ceremony to celebrate his capture.
A fee of around £196million is believed to have been thrashed out between Barcelona and PSG with a five-year contract on the table.
And the French club are planning an event of significant proportions for when the deal is done.
It will be “even bigger than when Zlatan Ibrahimovic was welcomed at the foot of the Eiffel Tower”, reports The Guardian.
The contract “just needs to be signed”, and the French club are confident it could be sorted by the end of the week.
SunSport has previously reported how Canal Plus reporter Romain Collet-Gaudin says an unnamed Qatar Football Association chief told him the current Barca star will definitely be moving to the French capital.
PSG are backed by Qatari money – and club chairman and chief executive Nasser Al-Khelaifi is from Doha.
And, adding fuel to the fire, Collet-Gaudin has now gone on to say the Ligue 1 side are even preparing shirts with the star’s name on the back.
And earlier today, reports in France claimed the Samba star would have the medical this week to complete his world record move.
Despite all the uncertainty over his future, Neymar was in good spirits earlier today when he posted on social media having a chat with martial arts legend Jackie Chan.
The Brazilian met the icon’s son, Jaycee Chan, and the Barcelona star asked if he would pass on a hug to his father.
The pair posted their encounter on Instagram, with Neymar posting a selfie with Jaycee as well as screenshot of him speaking to Chan.
Neymar: Who is the Brazilian star?
- Born on February 5, 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo
- Joined local side Portugesa Santista as a seven-year-old, before mocing to Santos at 11
- Made his senior debut for Santos at just 17, scoring 14 goals in total his first season
- At age 18 he led Santos to the Brazilian title and came third in the South American Footballer of the Year award
- Won man of the match in the 2011 Copa Libertadores final, as Santos beat Penarol – it was the Brazilian club’s first time winning the competition since Pele was playing 1963
- Eventually left Santos in 2013 after winning three Brazilian titles and scoring 136 goals in 225 matches – all before 21
- Moved to Barcelona in 2013, with Barca president Josep Bartomeu charged with tax fraud after it was revealed he had paid the star’s parents €40million
- iIn five years at the club has helped Barcelona win two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey three times, the Club World Cup and the Champions League in 2015
- Has scored 105 goals in 186 matches for Barca, adding 59 assists in that time
- Fast-tracked into the Brazil national team at just 18, he already has 52 goals in 77 caps – fourth on the all-time list.
- Has been the Selecao’s permanent captain since 2015
He captioned his selfie with: “It was a great pleasure meeting you, @jaycee_chan … Don’t forget to hug your father for me !! ?.”
While Jaycee posted a different selfie of the in-demand forward who was wearing a bandana in the image.
Chan’s son titled his image: “I’ll send him a big warm hug for you ☺️ Nice Meeting you! @neymarjr.”
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog