Despite Neymar’s Barca team-mate Gerard Pique saying ‘he’s staying’ the French outfit are confident the move is still on
PARIS SAINT-GERMAIN have a contract waiting on the table to Neymar to sign, and the deal could be done “in the next few hours”.
It looked like any deal was dead in the water earlier today, when Neymar’s Barcelona team-mate Gerard Pique posted a photo on him with the Brazilian, captioned “he’s staying”.
But according to Futbol.as that is news to PSG, with the Spanish news-site reporting that “the contract is written” and that the French club hope he “signs it in the next few hours”.
The source goes on to state that Neymar had “accepted the offer” originally, but then decided to reconsider “in recent days”.
And Sport.es reports that the terms had already agreed with the player, and the only thing holding up the deal was the timespan in which PSG would pay the £195million release clause.
This is re-affirmed by respected French newspaper Le Parisien, who state that “the player has not yet made his final decision” and that there is “no evidence” he will stay at the Nou Camp.
SunSport reported earlier today how Cristiano Ronaldo has told Neymar not to quit Barcelona for a world record move to Paris Saint-Germain.
Ronaldo is said to have contacted his Barcelona rival to tell him he would be making a big mistake if he decided to move to France.
Neymar: Who is the Brazilian star?
- Born on February 5, 1992 in Mogi das Cruzes, Sao Paulo
- Joined local side Portugesa Santista as a seven-year-old, before mocing to Santos at 11
- Made his senior debut for Santos at just 17, scoring 14 goals in total his first season
- At age 18 he led Santos to the Brazilian title and came third in the South American Footballer of the Year award
- Won man of the match in the 2011 Copa Libertadores final, as Santos beat Penarol – it was the Brazilian club’s first time winning the competition since Pele was playing 1963
- Eventually left Santos in 2013 after winning three Brazilian titles and scoring 136 goals in 225 matches – all before 21
- Moved to Barcelona in 2013, with Barca president Josep Bartomeu charged with tax fraud after it was revealed he had paid the star’s parents €40million
- iIn five years at the club has helped Barcelona win two La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey three times, the Club World Cup and the Champions League in 2015
- Has scored 105 goals in 186 matches for Barca, adding 59 assists in that time
- Fast-tracked into the Brazil national team at just 18, he already has 52 goals in 77 caps – fourth on the all-time list.
- Has been the Selecao’s permanent captain since 2015
And the Real Madrid ace is then claimed to have urged the Brazilian to secure a move to Manchester United if he was really desperate to quit the Nou Camp.
Real Madrid ace Ronaldo and Neymar are close friends away from their playing rivalry, having developed a relationship on the back of both being sponsored by Nike.
And Spanish title Diariogol have reported the two superstars have been in close contact discussing Neymar’s proposed £195million move to PSG.
They claim Ronaldo has sent a series of WhatsApp messages warning the 25-year-old against swapping La Liga for Ligue 1.
PSG have promised to pay the forward £500,000-a-week to move to Paris – with the club planning to use his signing to market themselves around the world.
But it is claimed Ronaldo has told Neymar he would be taking a backward step by moving to a lesser league and a smaller club.
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and gossip in our live blog