Three weeks in the past (July 2018), a pregnant woman ate a contaminated fruit from her fridge and her unborn child tragically died within the womb in consequence. This heart-wrenching incident occurred in Zhejiang, China the place the mom was 5 months into the being pregnant.
In accordance with China Press, the woman in her 20s suffered from fever and headache not lengthy after she consumed the fruit. At first, her physique temperature was measured at 37.7°C however it quickly started fluctuating to irregular temperatures.
When her household was positive that she was having a excessive fever, they instantly despatched her to the hospital however it was too late. By ultrasound, the physician discovered that the infant in her womb had already died.
Dr Leong who’s the gynaecologist mentioned,
“The pregnant mom was contaminated with Listeria monocytogenes. There was uncooked meat within the fridge and it grew to become the proper breeding floor for the micro organism. The fruits have been contaminated with the micro organism as a result of they weren’t saved individually from the uncooked meat.”
The physician went on to say that Listeria monocytogenes can survive within the fridge and proceed breeding at low temperatures. In reality, it may possibly even survive at an excessive temperature of minus 20°C for as much as one yr!
It isn’t harmful to completely wholesome adults however it may possibly show deadly to unborn infants or newborns, and people with weak immune techniques. On this case, the micro organism had contaminated the placenta, the amniotic fluid, and subsequently the infant.
We did some analysis and discovered that Listeria micro organism may be present in soil, water, and animal faeces. Individuals who eat the next meals are at higher danger of contracting the illness as effectively!
- Uncooked greens which have been contaminated from the soil
- Contaminated meat
- Unpasteurised milk, or meals made with unpasteurised milk
- Processed meals corresponding to smooth cheeses, sizzling canines, and deli meats which have been contaminated
To forestall listeria an infection, we’re suggested to maintain our arms clear whereas making ready our meals, clear uncooked greens with a brush underneath working water, and prepare dinner our meals completely to kill the micro organism.
Additionally, pregnant moms are suggested to reheat any deli meats from the fridge earlier than consuming it to be on the protected aspect.
Extra details about listeria an infection is accessible right here. So guys, preserve your meals clear and ensure it’s absolutely cooked!
Additionally learn: 7yo Lady Suffers A number of Organ Failure After Consuming Black Fungus That Was Soaked for 48 Hours