All the information you need ahead of the Premier League encounter at the Bet365 stadium
STOKE will look to bounce back from an 1-0 opening day defeat to Everton when they host Arsenal on Saturday.
While Arsenal will be hoping to continue their early 100 percent Premier League record.
When is Stoke vs Arsenal?
The Potters will host Arsene Wenger’s side for their first home game of the season.
Stoke will play host to Arsenal on Saturday, August 19.
The game will kick-off at 17:30.
What TV channel is Stoke vs Arsenal on?
The match will be shown live on BT Sport 1.
Coverage will get underway at 17:00.
You can keep up with all the action with SunSport’s Live Blog.
?THE ANALYST: Stoke v Arsenal betting preview?
By Danny Higginbotham, THE ANALYST
ARSENAL could be in big trouble from corner against Stoke. And I mean BIG trouble.
?BET £5 GET A FREE £10 BET?
Ryan Shawcross, Geoff Cameron and Kurt Zouma are all big, physical players and with Xherdan Shaqiri on corners that spells danger.
Arsenal are particularly vulnerable as they persist with zonal marking. I never liked it. You can pass the buck and you aren’t marking anybody in particular.
Organisation is key. Arsenal have a few injuries and the vocal players have missed the first game.
I’m not saying Arsenal will lose, but I do like Ryan Shawcross to score from a corner.
ADD IT TO YOUR BETSLIP: Ryan Shawcross to score anytime, 10/1
Wenger has confirmed that Alexis Sanchez remains unavailable for section as he recovers from an abdominal injury.
Defenders Per Mertesacker and Shkodran Mustafi are both expected to make returns to the first team squad this weekend, while Laurent Koscielny will serve the final match of his three game ban.
Mark Hughes’ side signed Jese Rodriguez on loan from PSG this week and the former Real Madrid winger is likely to feature at some point on Saturday.
Predicted Stoke XI
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog
- Stoke have lost just once in their last seven home games against the Gunners (W3 D3 L1), although it came
last time out in May, losing 1-4.
- Arsenal have won four of their last five Premier League games against Stoke, drawing the other.
- Arsenal will be looking to win their opening two games to a Premier League season for the first time since 2009-10.
- Stoke suffered a 0-1 away defeat to Everton on MD1 and they last lost their opening two games of a Premier League season in 2010-11.
- Olivier Giroud’s winner against Leicester in the opening game was his 99th goal for Arsenal – he’s looking to become the 19th player to score a century of goals for the Gunners.
- Peter Crouch, who has netted more Premier League goals versus Arsenal than any other side (9), has scored in his last two appearances against them at the Bet365 Stadium.
- Mesut Özil scored in both league meetings with Stoke last season in the Premier League.
- Alexandre Lacazette could become the first Arsenal player to score in both of his opening two Premier League appearances for the club, should he net in this fixture.
- In fact, the last Arsenal player to score in his first two league appearances for the club was Ian Wright back in 1991.
- Granit Xhaka assisted two goals in Arsenal’s 4-3 win over Leicester on MD1 – this equalled his tally in the entire 2016-17 Premier League season (two in 32 apps).
- Mark Hughes has lost more Premier League matches against Arsene Wenger (13) than he has versus any other manager in the competition.
- Hughes has averaged 1.20 points per game in Premier League games played in August, only in November matches (0.98) has he recorded a lower rate as a manager.
Goals of the Weekend: Watch the finest Premier League strikes from the weekend fixtures