Geno Bonnalie insisted he wasn’t going behind back of player Joel Dahmen… because he wants the job too!
RORY McILROY has received a very cheeky job application for the role of being his new caddie.
And the bagman who submitted the proposal, Geno Bonnalie, insists he isn’t going behind the back of his current boss… because he wants the job too!
McIlroy had best pal Harry Diamond carrying his clubs after sacking former looper JP Fitzgerald after nine years together.
Four-time Major winner McIlroy had actually credited Fitzgerald with saving his Open bid after the caddie gave him a no holds barred dressing down.
But it wasn’t enough to salvage their relationship and now McIlroy wants a new man for the job.
Enter Bonnalie, who currently works for Joel Dahmen.
He tagged McIlroy in a tweet listing all his qualifications in what he called a “formal” application for the role.
Some of the best bits of his resume included:
- Please don’t think I’m sneaking around behind Joel’s back trying to get another job. I think Joel himself may also be applying for the position.
som like it hot
Who is Laci Kay Somers? Playboy model and Instagram star who has been linked with Tiger Woods
Eye of the Tiger
Is Tiger Woods dating model and massive golf fan Laci Kay Somers as he prepares for long-awaited Masters return?
Who is Rory McIlroy’s wife Erica Stoll? And why did he break up with Caroline Wozniacki?
‘I can tell her anything’
Rory McIlroy reveals how he met fiancee Erica Stoll… and why he dumped Caroline Wozniacki
‘It only applies to a few’
Paige Spiranac deemed too sexy for the LPGA Tour as they bring in strict new dress code
Love on the links
Who is Annie Verret? Golf star Jordan Spieth’s childhood sweetheart and event co-ordinator
- If you hire me it wouldn’t be awkward at all because we already know each other. We played in front of you on Saturday at the Travelers and during the wait on four tee box I asked you if you wanted a water (which you politely declined). So we’re pretty much best friends already.
- Once upon a time I was one of the best Archers in the world (as a youth). so I have a weird ability to know exactly how far you are from the pin just by looking at it (inside 70 yards). So if I don’t step anything off, and tell you it’s 58 yards … it’s 58 yards.
- If we agree on a club, then you chunk the sh** out of it and yell at me for “giving you a bad club” I’ll probably eat it and say “sorry pro”, but please know that in my head I will be thinking something about how you should hit a better shot.
- If you make me keep our playing partners score, I sometimes lose track of what they made on a hole because I’m so focused on what we’re doing (see what I did there? Turned a negative in to a positive).
No word yet from McIlroy, though, who has hinted he could take the rest of the year off to deal with a nagging back injury.
The Northern Irishman finished tied-22nd in the season’s final Major, the USPGA Championship, as Justin Thomas sealed his first big one.
Deal’s real again
Real Madrid may swoop for Manchester United’s David De Gea before the transfer window closes
Bak in Blue
Eden Hazard and Tiemoue Bakayoko shock contenders to feature in Sunday’s London derby against Spurs
DRAX THE ONE
Arsenal set to make £32m move for PSG winger Julian Draxler after French club told him he can leave
GIFT OF THE GAB
Gabriel Paulista arrives at Valencia Airport ahead of completing £10m move from Arsenal to La Liga club
‘I FEEL DISRESPECTED’
Chelsea and Arsenal fans fume as Juventus sign Blaise Matuidi from PSG for just £18.2m