SAIDO BERAHINO lastly ended his outstanding 913 day objective drought by firing Stoke into the Carabao Cup third spherical.
The striker final scored on 27 February 2016 whereas taking part in for West Brom earlier than his second half header discovered the web towards Huddersfield.
He had gone an unbelievable 47 video games with out a objective and the reduction on his face was clear to see as his team-mates mobbed him in delight.
Winger James McClean’s shot cannoned the crossbar and fell into the trail of Berahino whose looping header someway crossed the road.
It will not win any objective of the season awards however Berahino will not care within the slightest, simply in time to face former membership West Brom on the weekend.
But when that wasn’t sufficient for one night then Stoke followers had been handled to one of many best personal objectives in cup historical past.
Issues that occurred since Berahino final scored
- UK had not determined to depart the European Union
- Barack Obama was nonetheless President of the USA
- Mbappe received the Ligue 1 title twice and received the World Cup… and he is solely 19.
- Harry Kane scored 103 objectives
- Soccer almost got here residence…
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle met and obtained married
- Sunderland had been relegated twice
- Leicester had received the Premier League
- Actual Madrid lifted three Champions League titles
City’s Juninho Bacuna sliced the ball 10-yards inside his personal half and with Huddersfield’s keeper means up discipline searching for a late equaliser, the ball looped over him and into an empty internet.
It should absolutely be on the bloopers reel for years to come back.
To make issues even worse, the participant was making his debut for the membership.
Stoke will take something they get after profitable back-to-back video games for the primary time this calendar 12 months.