SADIO MANE’S trickery seems to have prevented Manchester United from getting an early lead of their Three-1 loss to Liverpool on Sunday.
Ashley Younger scored from a free-kick 4 minutes into the sport nevertheless it was disallowed as a result of Romelu Lukaku was caught offside having been pushed by the Reds’ winger.
Younger curled the ball into the penalty field and it whizzed previous Alisson evading all the opposite gamers.
However the referee raised the flag as Lukaku was clearly in an offside place.
He didn’t contact the ball however his physique motion had an influence on opponents which means he interfered with the play.
Replays, nonetheless, confirmed that simply earlier than Younger whipped the ball in, Mane pushed the Belgium striker so the referee may rule the aim out.
WHAT DO THE RULES SAY?
- In keeping with the FA Legal guidelines of the Recreation, a participant doesn’t want to the touch the ball for a aim to be dominated offside
- Regulation 11 says participant in an offside place is penalised on changing into concerned in energetic play by ‘clearly making an attempt to play a ball which is shut when this motion impacts on an opponent’
- Lukaku’s physique motion had a transparent influence on Liverpool defenders, in addition to Allison, due to this fact interfering with the play
- Nevertheless, Mane used what Regulation 12 describes as ‘extreme pressure’ to push Lukaku and it may have certified for a penalty
- It occured earlier than the offside offence, so had Martin Atkinson thought-about it a foul it might have been awarded
Followers shortly took to social media to touch upon the scenario.
One, @terrywilding was fuming and wrote: “Mane pushing Lukaku offside is nice s**thousing”.
One other, @mrbloodred, mentioned: “That Mane push is my favorite factor from the sport right this moment. Simply.”.
However @JaySpearingFC added: “This man thinks that Mané, who’s half the dimensions of Lukaku, can push him 2m offside with out him already heading in that route! Can’t settle for they had been fully dominated.”
Liverpool took the lead 20 minutes later with the Senegalese winger himself firing it residence after a beautiful lob from Fabinho.
Regardless of Jesse Lingard’s equaliser, very good second-half cameo from Xherdan Shaqiri noticed the Swiss ace rating a brace – sealing Liverpool’s win.
Following the defeat, United fell 19 factors behind the Reds within the league desk.