SEAD KOLASINAC was Arsenal’s hero as he impressed their second-half comeback towards the Swans.
A superb end from Sam Clucas gave the Welsh membership a deserved half-time lead.
However Kolasinac levelled after the break after which arrange the winner for team-mate Aaron Ramsey to earn the Gunners all three factors.
Arsenal had the primary likelihood when Per Mertesacker headed Alexis Sanchez’s free kick straight at Lukasz Fabianksi.
Swansea took the lead towards the run of play within the 22nd when Tammy Abraham appeared to have few choices as he retrieved the ball by the touchline on the midway line.
However the on-loan Chelsea teen performed a elegant cross inside Gunners’ wing-back Hector Bellerin to his team-mate Clucas, who was bursting by means of on the overlap into the field.
As Petr Cech got here off his line to slim the angle, the Swans’ left wing-back saved his cool to fit the ball by means of the keeper’s legs for his first aim for Swansea since his £15million summer season change from Hull.
Clucas close to obtained his second for the membership within the 40th minute when his 25-yard snap shot whistled inches huge of Cech’s proper put up with veteran Czech stopper rooted to the spot.
The briefly sparked Arsenal again into life as Sanchez jinked his method throughout the Swans’ field earlier than unleashing a shot which former GunnerFabianski did effectively to tip over the bar.
However the Gunners might and will have gone in 2-Zero down on the breakafter their defender Mertesacker was mugged in his personal field by Jordan Ayew, who discovered himself with simply Cech to beat.
But as a substitute of squaring for his team-mate Abraham to faucet into an empty web, the Ghanaian selected to go it alone and noticed his shot blocked by Cech.
You feared that will value the Swans and grow to be a pivotal second of the match.
And so it got here to cross as with six minutes of the restart the rating was stage because the ball after Mesut Ozil’s shot was blocked by Alfie Mawson.
However the unfastened ball ran kindly on the sting of the realm to Kolasinac who got here steaming in like a prepare to fireplace a shot previous Fabianski with the help of a slight deflection.
Abraham then had an effort dominated out for offside earlier than and Laurent Koscielny wasted a header from one other high quality Sanchez set-piece earlier than the Gunners scored once more within the 56th minute.
Kolasinac was once more concerned as he obtained in behind the Swans defence and pulled the ball again for Ramsey to steer dwelling his third aim of the season.
Manchester United 1 Tottenham Zero
West Brom 1 Manchester Metropolis Three
Watford Zero Stoke 1
Crystal Palace 1 West Ham 2
Liverpool Three Huddersfield Zero
INTERACTIVE STATS – CLICK on the classes to learn the way the groups fared
INTERACTIVE LINE-UPS– CLICK on a participant’s quantity beneath to see their stats
FACTS, STATS, GOALS & LOLS
- Arsenal have gained 10 successive league video games on the Emirates Stadium, scoring 24 targets throughout that run.
- Swansea misplaced final season’s corresponding fixture Three-2, which was then-manager Bob Bradley’s first recreation in cost.
- Paul Clement’s reign as Swansea boss additionally started with a recreation towards Arsenal: a Four-Zero defeat on the Liberty Stadium in January.
- Arsenal have gained 4 of the previous 5 conferences, scoring 14 targets
- Arsenal have not misplaced a Premier League dwelling match since they had been overwhelmed 2-1 by Watford in January.
- Swansea have taken 9 factors from six away matches, with their solely defeat coming towards Arsenal and West Ham.
- Swansea have scored simply seven league targets this season; solely Crystal Palace, with two, have fewer.