Eight boys and their soccer coach who stay trapped in a flooded collapse northern Thailand waited for a rescue operation to renew on Monday, a day after the primary 4 had been introduced out safely and whisked away to hospital.
The daring and harmful bid to rescue the boys – aged between 11 and 16 – was suspended by the mission chief late on Sunday to replenish oxygen provides and make new preparations, which he mentioned would take at the least 10 hours.
Divers needed to maintain the boys near their our bodies to carry them out and every needed to put on an oxygen masks to allow regular respiration, authorities mentioned.
READ MORE: four Thai boys free of cave, rescue of remaining boys may take four days
Bursts of heavy rain soaked the Tham Luang Cave space in Thailand’s northern Chiang Rai province in a single day, growing the dangers in what has been referred to as a “warfare with water and time” to save lots of the boys.
The story of the “Wild Boars” soccer crew, who first ventured into the caves greater than two weeks in the past earlier than flood waters trapped them inside, has gripped Thai and worldwide media.
“Soccer’s Coming House. First Wild Boars Out,” a headline on one on-line Thai paper mentioned on Monday, referring to a track chanted by English soccer followers on the World Cup at the moment underway in Russia.
WATCH: Thailand official says they’re seeing members of soccer crew ‘within the flesh’ as four rescued to this point
The boys had been found huddled on a muddy financial institution by British divers every week in the past. A video confirmed one in all them was carrying an England soccer shirt.
Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha, chief of the Thai army junta that seized energy in 2014, deliberate to go to the cave website on Monday.
13 international divers and 5 members of Thailand’s elite navy SEAL unit are the primary crew guiding the boys to security via slender, submerged passageways that claimed the lifetime of a former Thai navy diver on Friday.
A few of the boys are usually not sturdy swimmers and none has diving expertise.
The top of the rescue mission, Narongsak Osottanakorn, introduced late on Sunday the primary 4 kids had been introduced out safely. There have been no additional official particulars on the boys’ identification or their medical situation on Monday.
READ MORE: Nova Scotia industrial diver says Thailand rescue efforts are unimaginably troublesome
Narongsak mentioned earlier on Sunday the mission might take three or 4 days to finish.
Thai media recognized the primary boy to return out as Mongkol Boonpiem, 13.
A supply contained in the Chiang Rai Prachanukroh hospital the place the boys are being saved mentioned their situation was “not unhealthy” however mentioned medical doctors had been expecting indicators of rising circumstances corresponding to hypothermia.
A brief official video launched by the rescue operation late on Sunday confirmed 4 ambulances with their lights flashing driving up the muddy grime observe that results in the cave complicated.
WATCH: First members of Thai soccer crew emerge from cave, taken to hospital
It additionally confirmed about six troopers carrying a stretcher in the direction of a ready ambulance. The stretcher was loaded into the again of the ambulance as medics rushed within the facet door.
Narongsak was then seen shaking fingers with a senior military determine and watching intently on the entrance of an extended inexperienced medical discipline tent beside round 15 troopers.
The video additionally confirmed a Caucasian diver strolling closely up a muddy slope carrying a face masks and a small oxygen tank, carrying a backpack along with his flippers dangling behind his legs.
The diver was being applauded by a gaggle of onlookers.