Have you ever ever questioned why the highway indicators in Malaysia come in numerous colors and are sometimes accompanied by numbers or alphabets? Effectively, apparently each single aspect on these boards symbolize one thing (duh!) and it’s vital for highway customers to know them.
Should you by no means knew what they imply, keep it up studying this checklist!
1. Blue signboards are used for non-tolled federal, state and municipal roads
2. Inexperienced signboards are used for tolled highways or expressways
three. The ‘E’ on the board signifies the highway is an expressway
four. Federal roads are represented by numbers solely
5. State roads are represented by numbers and alphabets
6. Yellow letterings are for highway names
7. White letterings are for cities and areas
As an illustration, Seremban, Cheras and Kota Damansara.
eight. White letterings in opposition to a maroon background are for vacationer locations
9. Orange letters with a inexperienced background are for presidency establishments
10. The locations on highway indicators are organized from the underside (nearest) to prime (furthest) in response to distance
As an illustration, you’ll attain Alor Gajah earlier than Tampin when you exit left.
Bonus truth: The Malaysian Freeway Authorities (Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia) really developed a brand new kind of font referred to as LLM Lettering for use on highway indicators. In actual fact, you may obtain the font right here!
Earlier than we turned closely depending on Waze, highway indicators was our compass and saviour to navigate round Malaysia. So, let’s take a second to understand the arduous work put into making these highway indicators and educate our fellow Malaysians by sharing this text!
Additionally learn: Ever Questioned Why Shah Alam Roads Have Distinctive Names? Right here’s Why!