As a substitute of flocking to giant cities for a 9-to-5 job, individuals are turning to the gig financial system. This is why, based on Airtasker.
When making use of for work within the gig financial system, hiring managers aren’t searching for cowl letters or conventional resumes. This is tips on how to market your expertise.
The gig financial system is revolutionizing the way in which folks work, usually giving folks the autonomy and adaptability to work in a means that’s greatest for them. Latest research have proven that by 2027, greater than half of the US workforce will likely be freelancers. Practically half of millennials say they at present have interaction in freelance work not directly, based on an Airtasker report revealed Tuesday.
The report surveyed practically 950 freelancers to find out why people resolve to freelance, together with the obstacles that include the working model. The talents most utilized in freelance gigs embrace enterprise (40%), writing (36%), administration (25%), way of life (24%), tutoring (18%), and cleansing (12%), the report discovered.
SEE: The gig financial system: An insider’s information (free PDF) (TechRepublic)
Respondents cited the next 10 components as the highest causes they determined to freelance full time:
- Extra versatile schedule (Males: 74%; Ladies: 72%)
- Want to do business from home or outdoors custom workplace (Males: 57%; Ladies: 66%)
- Be my very own boss (Males: 60%; Ladies: 41%)
- Desire to work independently (Males: 45%; Ladies: 42%)
- Make a residing doing work I take pleasure in or am obsessed with (Males: 33%; Ladies: 37%)
- Household obligations (Males: 17%; Ladies: 33%)
- Lack of native work alternatives (Males: 23%; Ladies: 25%)
- Incapacity (Males: eight%; Ladies: 14%)
- Schooling or education (Males: 6%; Ladies: 12%)
- Higher pay (Males: 11%; Ladies: 7%)
Not all industries or job positions are conducive to a freelancing way of life. A few of the most tough freelance gigs to make a residing off of are leisure (64%), constructing or development (61%), gardening or landscaping (60%), and wonder or cosmetology (60%), the report discovered.
Whereas the gig financial system presents quite a lot of advantages for people, many obstacles come up as nicely. Some challenges throughout completely different age generations embrace pay, availability, time constraints, location, and household obligations, the report added.
For recommendation on tips on how to land a job within the gig financial system, try this TechRepublic article.