Everything you need to know ahead of the big London derby at Stamford Bridge
CHELSEA are looking for a fourth straight win in all competitions as they take on an Arsenal side who haven’t won at Stamford Bridge since 2011.
On that day, a Robin van Persie hat-trick inspired Arsene Wenger’s side to a 5-3 win over Andre Villas-Boas’ Blues.
When is Chelsea vs Arsenal?
Chelsea take on Arsenal on Sunday, September 17.
Kick-off is at 1.30pm.
The Premier League clash will take place at Stamford Bridge.
What TV Channel is showing Chelsea vs Arsenal?
The game will be shown live on Sky Sports Premier League channel.
It will be available to live stream for Sky Sports subscribers.
Coverage will begin at 12.30pm and the show will end at 3.30pm.
Alternatively you can keep up to date on SunSport’s live blog.
What is the latest team news for Chelsea vs Arsenal?
Eden Hazard has only made the bench, while Davide Zappacosta will not get the chance to build on his first goal for Chelsea, against Qarabag.
Arsene Wenger has stunned Gunners fans by picking Danny Welbeck up front and playing Alex Iwobi alongside Alexandre Lacazette in midfield.
- After winning just four of the previous 16, Chelsea have won their last five home Premier League games against Arsenal, since a 3-5 defeat in October 2011.
- The Gunners haven’t kept a Premier League clean sheet at Stamford Bridge in their last 12 visits there, shipping at least twice in each of the eight.
- Arsenal have lost their last five away Premier League games versus Chelsea, their joint-longest away losing run in the competition against a single opponent (also 5 in a row vs Man Utd between 2009-2013).
- The Gunners haven’t lost six consecutive away league games versus a single team since a seven-game run versus Liverpool at Anfield between 1981 to 1988.
- Should Arsenal concede here, it will equal their longest run of away games without a clean sheet against a specific opponent in Premier League history (13 against Liverpool between 1999 and 2012).
- Arsenal have won two of their last four games against Chelsea in all competitions – as many as they had in their previous 12 combined.
- Chelsea have scored in 23 successive Premier League games at Stamford Bridge with over half of these (12) seeing them score three or more goals.
- The Blues have had a player sent off in their last two games against Arsenal in all competitions (Victor Moses in the FA Cup final, Pedro in the Community Shield). However, they haven’t had a player sent off against them in a league game since Khalid Boulahrouz in May 2007.
- Arsenal have lost their first two Premier League away games of the season (0-4 vs Liverpool and 0-1 vs Stoke) – the last time that they lost their first three away games in a league season was 1954-55. Interestingly, this was also the season of Chelsea’s first top-flight title win.
- Arsenal last won a Premier League away game against a side that finished in the top six last season, back in January 2015 (2-0 at Man City) – they’ve since lost eight and drawn five of their 13 matches on the road against these clubs.
- Alvaro Morata has scored three goals and assisted two more in his Premier League career so far – all have come via his head.
- Eden Hazard has scored in three of his last four Premier League games against Arsenal at home.
- This will be Arsene Wenger’s 59th match against Chelsea with Arsenal, making them the club he’s faced the most in his time in north London.