LIVERPOOL are looking to get back to winning ways as they welcome rivals Manchester United to Anfield on Saturday.
After picking up just one win from seven in all competitions, Jurgen Klopp’s men are chasing a first home triumph since their 4-0 win over Arsenal.
But Jose Mourinho brings his team here in sparkling form, winning nine from their last ten games.
They are joint top with cross-town rivals City and will fancy their chances against a Liverpool side who have shipped 12 goals in seven Premier League outings.
What time is kick-off?
THIS one takes place on Saturday October 14 at Anfield.
Things get underway at 12.30pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU can watch the game on Sky Sports Premier League, with coverage underway at 11.30am.
Alternatively, stay with us here on SunSport and follow our LIVE blog.
What is the team news?
- Liverpool are winless in six Premier League games against Manchester United (D2 L4), their worst run since an eight-match winless run against the Red Devils between 2004 and 2008.
- Manchester United have won three of their last five Premier League visits to Anfield (W3 D1 L1) and have kept clean sheets in their last two games there.
- Liverpool have won just one of their last eight matches against Manchester United in all competitions (W1 D3 L4) – winning 2-0 in the Europa League in 2015-16.
- Manchester United have kept 17 clean sheets in the Premier League in 2017, three more than any other side.
- Jose Mourinho’s side have recorded a shutout in eight of their last nine league games, shipping just two goals in the process (vs Stoke).
- Jurgen Klopp has lost just one of his seven competitive meetings with Jose Mourinho as a manager (W3 D3 L1).
- Since Jose Mourinho took charge of Manchester United ahead of 2016-17; these two clubs have won the exact same number of points in the Premier League (88). Liverpool have scored 16 more goals (91 v 75) but have conceded 23 more (54 v 31).
- Jose Mourinho won eight of his first 10 Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D1 L1) between October 2004 and November 2014 but since then he has failed to win any of his four games against them (D3 L1).
- Liverpool currently have 12 points from seven games this season. If they lose this game, they will have the same number of points as they did from eight games in 2015-16 (12), which saw Brendan Rodgers sacked from his position as Liverpool manager.
- If Manchester United win this game, it’ll be their best ever points tally after eight games of a Premier League season (22), following 20-point hauls in both 2011-12 and 1999-00.
- Romelu Lukaku became the second player to score seven goals in his first seven Premier League
appearances for Man Utd after Andrew Cole. No player has scored eight goals in their first eight Premier League appearances for the club.
- Lukaku scored four goals in his first four Premier League games versus Liverpool, but has since netted just once in his last seven. Indeed, he has failed to land a shot on target in five of those seven games.
- Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in nine goals in his last 10 competitive games for Man Utd (five goals, four assists) after having a hand in just two goals in his previous 10 apps (one goal, one assist).
Dele All In
Dele Alli wants to become Spurs’ best-paid player with £160,000-a-week contract
Ex-Rangers star Bob Malcolm goes from Old Firm to selling ice creams out of van
Liverpool 0 Man Utd 0: Lukaku appears to stamp on Lovren after De Gea’s supersave
England face World Cup 2018 Group of Death… with Iceland rematch on the cards
United flop Depay puts Old Trafford woe behind him as he targets Real move