LIVERPOOL travel to Newcastle on Sunday afternoon looking for two Premier League away wins on the spin.
Jurgen Klopp’s side have struggled in Europe and have been leaking goals all season, but a 3-2 win at Leicester kept them 5th and within touching distance of the top four.
After a 1-1 draw against Spartak in midweek, the Reds will be hoping for three points at St James Park – but it’s not a happy hunting ground.
The Toon have won four out of the last six meetings between these two on home soil and come into this with 9 points from their last possible 12.
A 1-0 defeat at Brighton ended a run of three straight wins, but Rafa Benitez’s side have swept aside Stoke and West Ham here already this campaign.
What time is kick-off?
THE game will be held at St James Park on Sunday October 1.
Things kick-off at 4.30pm.
Which channel can I watch it on?
YOU can watch this one on Sky Sports Football, with coverage beginning at 3.30pm.
Or stay with us here on SunSport, where we will have a LIVE blog with all of Sunday’s Premier League action.
What is the team news?
ALEKSANDER MITROVIC returns from suspension but Benitez is likely to stick with Joselu up-front for Newcastle.
Paul Dummett is the only other first-team player out, with the Welsh full-back still struggling from a thigh injury picked up against Spurs.
Sadio Mane has served a three-game suspension for THAT challenge against Manchester City, whilst Adam Lallana remains out.
- Newcastle United have won four of their last six home Premier League matches against Liverpool (D1 L1), winning each of their last two without conceding a goal.
- This fixture has never seen a goalless draw 44 previous Premier League meetings – the only fixture in Premier League history that has seen more matches without any of them ending 0-0 is Newcastle vs Tottenham (45).
- Of the 41 fixtures between two sides to have been played 40 or more times in the Premier League era, Newcastle against Liverpool has seen the most goals per game on average: 138 goals in 44 games with 3.14 on average.
- Newcastle are one of three Premier League clubs that Jurgen Klopp has faced and is yet to register a victory against (P2 W0 D1 L1), along with Manchester United and Southampton.
- Rafael Benitez has faced former club Liverpool twice in the Premier League – drawing both matches 2-2, with Chelsea in April 2013 and Newcastle in April 2016.
- Rafa Benitez won 134 points in his opening 74 Premier League games as Liverpool manager – in comparison, Jurgen Klopp has won one point more in his first 74 league games as Reds’ boss (135).
- Daniel Sturridge has scored in all four of his Premier League starts at St. James’ Park in the Premier League, scoring five goals in those games, including three in his last two for Liverpool.
- Sturridge could become only the fourth player in Premier League history to score in five consecutive away starts at a Premier League ground, after Alan Shearer at Ellland Road against Leeds, Dion Dublin at White Hart Lane against Spurs and Ruud van Nistelrooy at St. James’ Park against Newcastle.
- Liverpool are unbeaten in their last 23 Premier League matches in the month of October (W13 D10) since a 2-0 defeat to Everton in October 2010.
- Mohamed Salah has scored in four of his six Premier League appearances for Liverpool so far (four goals). No player has ever scored in five of their first seven Premier League games for the club.