EURO 2020 will characterize a landmark event for its 60th anniversary.
Subsequent yr’s competitors will embody 24 groups – up eight from earlier years – however the largest change is the one-off determination to have ‘host cities’ as a substitute of 1 nation.
What nations are internet hosting Euro 2020?
Multiple nation internet hosting the main event will not be a brand new idea with Poland and Ukraine sharing the duties in 2012.
However subsequent yr’s version will as a substitute have 12 ‘host cities’, which is unfold out throughout Europe.
This can be solely a one-off to have a good time the 60th anniversary of the event – then referred to as European Nations’ Cup.
The stadiums that can host the competitors are as follows:
- Wembley Stadium – London, England
- Allianz Area – Munich, Germany
- Stadio Olimpico – Rome, Italy
- Olympic Stadium – Baku, Azerbaijan
- Krestovsky Stadium – Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Area Nationala – Bucharest, Romania
- Johan Cruyff Area – Amsterdam, Holland
- Aviva Stadium – Dublin, Eire
- San Mames – Bilbao, Spain
- Puskas Area – Budapest, Hungary
- Hampden Park – Glasgow, Scotland
- Parken Stadium – Copenhagen, Denmark
With the quite a few quantity of nations concerned, there can be no automated qualification spots for nations.
That signifies that Wembley will nonetheless host matches, even when England fail to qualify for the event.
Will Wembley host the ultimate?
Wembley Stadium is being seen because the grandest of phases within the event, with the 90,000-seater stadium set to host the ultimate on July 12, 2020.
Due to the travelling concerned in reaching every nation, the semi-finals can even be held on the Dwelling of Soccer in England.
Previous to these, Wembley will play host to 3 group matches, of which the Three Lions are prone to be concerned in in the event that they qualify – together with a Spherical of 16 conflict.
Scotland’s Hampden Park will maintain three group fixtures and a Spherical of 16 tie.