All the info you need as the Cherries look to register their first point of the new campaign against Pep Guardiola’s side
BENJAMIN MENDY makes his Manchester City debut at the Vitality Stadium after Kyle Walker was sent off against Everton.
City boss Pep Guardiola will be hoping that his side can improve on the draw with The Toffees away at struggling Bournemouth.
Last season the Cherries were one of the most exciting teams in the league, but in their first two games this season they have failed to score a single goal.
Eddie Howe’s men went down 1-0 at West Brom on the opening day before being easily beaten 2-0 by Watford in their first home match.
When is Bournemouth vs Manchester City?
The Citizens face Eddie Howe’s side on Saturday, August 25.
The match kicks off at 12:30
What TV channel is showing Bournemouth vs Manchester City?
The game will be shown live on Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League from 11:30.
?THE ANALYST: Man City v Bournemouth betting tips?
By Danny Higginbotham, The Analyst
I’M CERTAIN Gabriel Jesus will get off the mark against Bournemouth.
He just loves buzzing around Sergio Aguero and the way City set up, he will have loads of space between the channels.
Jesus will be looking to burst through the back line – and luckily for the Brazilian, there are few better men to pick the lock for him than Kevin de Bruyne, David Silva and Bernardo Silva.
ADD TO YOUR BETSLIP: Jesus to score first, 16/5
- Eddie Howe’s side have lost all four of their Premier League meetings with Man City with a combined scoreline of 1-15.
- Manchester City are one of only two clubs to have won away at Bournemouth in both 2015-16 and 2016-17 in the Premier League (the other being Chelsea).
- Bournemouth have faced Manchester City on 10 occasions in league football previously, but haven’t won any of these games (W0 D2 L8).
- The Cherries have a 0% win ratio against five different clubs in league football (Arsenal, Man City, Spurs, Wimbledon & Kidderminster) & Manchester City are the team that they have faced the most without winning (10 games).
- Bournemouth have lost both of their opening two Premier League games this season – they haven’t lost their first three league games in a campaign since 1994-95 in the third tier.
- The Cherries have won just one of their previous nine Premier League matches in the month of August and have picked up just five points from these games (W1 D2 L6).
- Manchester City have won eight and drawn one of their Premier League matches in the month of August since 2015-16.
- Manchester City have had a possession figure of at least 55% in all 40 of their Premier League games under Pep Guardiola. Their two games so far this season have seen them post 78.2% (vs Brighton) and 65.3% (vs Everton).
- Sergio Aguero has scored in seven successive Premier League away appearances – only one player has enjoyed a better run than this in the competition; Robin van Persie with a nine-game run between December 2010 and May 2011.
- Raheem Sterling has scored five Premier League goals against Bournemouth; more than versus any other club in the competition. This includes his only Premier League hat-trick, netted in October 2015 at the Etihad Stadium.
Keep up to date with all the latest news, gossip, rumours and done deals in SunSport’s live transfer blog